Latency issues in certain maps

Hei there

I ran into the following issue:

My game is running completely fine with 20-40 MS. But whenever I open certain maps, the latency spikes every 1-2 secs up to 1000 MS making the whole map completely unplayable. This will stay, even when I leave the map and stay in my hideout or in town. But when I open another map that isn't "affected" or when I have no more portals left, the MS drops to 20 MS.
And this only happens with certain maps, I haven't found out which maps exactly nor why it happens.
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2024, 3:29:47 PM
"
xarnii wrote:
Hei there

I ran into the following issue:

My game is running completely fine with 20-40 MS. But whenever I open certain maps, the latency spikes every 1-2 secs up to 1000 MS making the whole map completely unplayable. This will stay, even when I leave the map and stay in my hideout or in town. But when I open another map that isn't "affected" or when I have no more portals left, the MS drops to 20 MS.
And this only happens with certain maps, I haven't found out which maps exactly nor why it happens.

I think it might be instance related.

If you open up your client.txt file located in your game installation logs folder you can see if you're being bounced to different IP addresses and instances for each new zone.

Exit your game completely, rename or back up your client.txt file to a new location, then allow the game to create a new file on launch so you can search it easier for instance server.

The original file may be very large so a backup or temp rename is recommended.
Last edited by ps7ekken on Jul 29, 2024, 3:32:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info