Constant Crashing

Since new league I've experienced issues with performance and crashing, I have tried all the 3 renderers with best performance from Vulkan but more frequent crashes. DX12 ran fine yesterday after I implemented a few changes that I saw online which I thought could help. Today after the patch DX12 is crashing just like before with Vulkan doing the same thing. DX11 today wont even let me load past character selection. I've been checking logs for any error codes and have 2 for Vulkan and DX12, with the crashes today and the one in the video I provided I get no error codes. The 2 I got previously are: "2024/07/26 22:42:29 14044843 e0a9b589 [CRIT Client 7036] [D3D12] swap_chain->Present() failed" for DX12 and "2024/07/26 23:51:36 18191843 f2498262 [CRIT Client 12644] [EXCEPTION] vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost" for Vulkan.
Just to note, I am playing on steam and have not tried installing the client, and have not noticed it occurring more with specific abilities. I have noticed that in the logs when i crash and there is no error code, that the last entry says: "[SHADER] Delay: ON" so i tried disabling shader cache for POE in nvidea settings but that did not change anything.

My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS
Geforce RTX 3060 laptop GPU 6GB
16GB RAM
Wired ethernet connection

Both are overclocked in armoury crate and I've provided adequate cooling by using a cooling pad and have a fan blowing on my laptop. (thought it could be a heat issues but crashing still persists if overclocked or not)

Things I tried:
- Registry edit for the Vulkan error code: open regedit, go to: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" and create a Dword file named "TdrLevel with hexadecimal value 0"
- Mainly play in windowed fullscreen so i switched to fullscreen and that seemed to improve performance but did not stop crashes.
- optimised my laptop but clearing some RAM (thought it could be a memory problem)
- changed POE settings with little improvement

Current settings:
VSync: Off (have not tried turning this on)
triple-buffering: Enabled
foreground/background FPS cap: Both off
Antialiasing quality: Off
Upscale Model: NIS
Lighting: Shadows (Both settings do not change much)
Shadow Quality: Low (tried all and no change)
Sun Shadow quality: High
No. of lights: Medium
Texture quality: Medium (gone from low to medium and no difference)
Texture Filtering: 8x (no changes in changing this setting either)
Dynamic culling, Dynamic resolution and engine multithreading: all Enabled. (recently enabled dynamic culling, tried switching it off recently and no changes to frequency of crashes)

Video of crash: https://imgur.com/a/Xm0poQe
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2024, 6:35:17 PM
The exact same thing is happening to me too
I'm running into the same issue here. Doesn't happen with any other games I play. On either DirectX settings, the game simply closes after freezing for a few seconds. No error pops up or anything. On Vulcan, I get a vk::Queue::submit: ErrorDeviceLost message.

I've tried different settings to lower things on my graphics configuration and it still happens!

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Display Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info