Game crashing constantly

So ever since earlier today already the game has been constantly crashing for me. Never had any issues in past leagues but suddenly it's just a constant loop of crashing. I boot the game click login and it closes, I get to character selection and select my char and it crashes. Anybody know of any fix?

I already swapped from Vulcan to DX12 no changes at all. Can't show any other options cause the game just crashes all the time :)

PC specs:

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Ti

Any sort of help would be appreciated, I was really excited to play this league.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2024, 11:18:28 PM
Tried DX 11 now as well just perma crashing the game :)
Same issue but an Imac

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac18,3
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 48 GB
System Firmware Version: 529.120.1.0.0
OS Loader Version: 577.140.2~22
SMC Version (system): 2.41f2
Serial Number (system): D25W906JJ1GP
Hardware UUID: E4838BDB-CA6A-5D3E-AEE7-23274EFF6CFA
Provisioning UDID: E4838BDB-CA6A-5D3E-AEE7-23274EFF6CFA
I'm having the same issue as well. Every time I login and attempt to load into the game, it crashes on the loading screen. Just in a infinite loop of crashes.
Same - never had issues previous leagues. I logged in yesterday (7/25) before league launch to sort my stash and had multiple crashes too. Last played first couple weeks into last league (3.24).

Able to login and sometimes crash when loading the first town (where ever I last logged out or crashed). Sometimes I can go for 10-30 minutes with out a crash, sometimes every attempt to login. Most crashes are when taking a portal back to a town. Easily crashed 20+ times since league launch today.

Seeing this error in the Win11 application event log every crash:
"
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x66a41da2
Faulting module name: nvgpucomp64.dll, version: 32.0.15.6070, time stamp: 0x668ec368
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000ebf554
Faulting process id: 0x0x5B80
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DADFC2575E5AC5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\
nvmdi.inf_amd64_7b5ca18eebabd2c0\nvgpucomp64.dll

Report Id: c6e45c97-bc5a-40da-bf44-6ed209636bb1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Troubleshooting:
- Change from DX11, DX12, and Vulcan (all are having crashes for me)
- Steam - verified files
- Uninstalling and reinstalling from Steam left me play it for ~45 minutes before it started crashing again. Did this three times now.
- Installed the non-Steam client from GGG website for the first time. Seeing the same issue.

Searching for issues with (nvgpucomp64.dll) people suggested and also did the following:
- SFC /SCANNOW to look for OS corrupted files (none found)
- Use DDU in Safe Mode to clean uninstall NVIDIA drivers and then reinstall

System specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K 3.20 GHz
RAM 64.0 GB
OS Win11 Home 23H2 22631.3958
GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090

Haven't been able to find anyone posting about this but just wanted to say it has been happening to me all day, continuing into maps. Exact same problem. It seems like it fixes itself after about 5 minutes or so, otherwise I'm unable to login and get constant crashes. Eventually you just crash and are unable to login without crashing for 5min. Swapping between DX11/12/Vulcan did nothing.

There's no error or anything, the game just instantly closes and it ONLY happens on load screens, with towns being much more likely.
I did the following below to update my motherboard BIOS to a beta release and so far I've played for +2 hours with no crashes which hasn't happened for me the past two days since league launch (knock on wood).

This took me down a path of an issue people are reporting related to Intel 13-14 gen CPUs instability while under load. I watched this video which was helpful talking about the issue and interim fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkrOYfmXhIc

It sounds like Intel will be releasing a fix in August, but many motherboards already have a [temp?] fix out. For my motherboard (MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7D91)) I downloaded a beta BIOS update released about a month ago that has a fix for " CPU uCode 0x12": https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-Z790-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support#bios

At a high-level I followed the BIOS update process listed in the above MSI page to download the BIOS update (E7D91IMS.HC3), save the file to a USB drive, boot my PC to BIOS, M Flash and reboot, select BIOS update on USB, BIOS is updated and reboot.

Hope this helps others who like me might be constantly refreshing Reddit and the GGG forms looking for a fix.
I'm in the same boat. I didn't read through all of the posts, but the OP said he had an Nvidia GPU. I do as well. Is this the source of the problem? I had been running POE through Steam. I uninstalled and downloaded the game to run outside of Steam (would natively be the correct word here?), but that made things worse, POE would load to the game for a while until it crashed when launched with Steam. Running POE without steam, I couldn't even get the game to load... Hmm
Last edited by Proletariate1984 on Jul 27, 2024, 10:40:18 PM
I am in the same situation. When I try to access the Settlers league, I return to the login screen from the loading screen, but I can access Standard without problems. Is it the same for you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info