Why Did I stop playing PoE (not a rant)

I wanted to give real quick feedback on PoE on why I personally redownloaded the game and then stopped playing. I was excited for PoE2 Beta. I was going to play more hours of PoE1 to hopefully get into the Beta then the Beta got pushed back this lowered my motivation to play. I started slogging through the story and got bored. I can watch a movie and not desire to rewatch that movie for 5-6 yrs I feel the same about cutting through a story arc again ... waste of time. The only way poE2 campaign is goin to be repeatable for ME is if its completely different everytime , we will see.
Last bumped on May 8, 2024, 6:55:54 PM
The campaign "slog" comes up often, it's great the first time you play learning the mechanics and story. After having done it 30+ times, it just becomes a means to an end. But in the grand schema of things, casual players should be pushing to punch it out in 10hours. Fastest carry i've been able to achieve is 3.5hrs, I know people, especially in a group, especially on league start can complete it out in a few hours. But an alternative would be greatly appreciated.

In comparison, play any other game.
It can take weeks, months to reach endgame. And the endgame is always a vicious repetitive loop. Atleast in POE the endgame is full of choice and alternative gameplay styles. Each character / build choice is unique, requiring different items, with different playstyles that may not match what you want, but one will, just need to find it. Different builds excel at different mechanics, either single target and struggle with packs, or blow packs up and struggle with single target.

tl;dr - the campaign could be shorter, made more convenient, would love an alternative leveling method for those who have done the campaign and don't want to do it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info