Some stats wording improvements

For the context https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3327381/page/3#p24850440

Arcane Potency notable initially had
"
30% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+30% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
However both stats always affected only spell damage crits, not crits from all damage dealt by spells (some spells deal secondary damage, and these stats won't affect it). In 3.17 the second stat was reworded to "+30% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spell Damage", the first one is still inaccurate.

It can be reworded to "30% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spell Damage" or to more laconic "30% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance", this option would be in-line with the Shaper's body mod. So probably the second stat should also be adjusted to "+30% to Spell Critical Strike Multiplier", not sure if this is less or more comprehensible for uninvolved players.

I'm still not happy with the changed wording of Sandstorm Visage
"
Base Spell Critical Strike Chance of Spells is equal to that of Main Hand Weapon
I'm probably missing something, but is it obligatory to mention of what the crit chance is equal to? Can't it be just generic "Base Spell Critical Strike Chance is equal to ..."? Spell damage only comes from spells anyways, double mentioning of "spell" here looks redundant, like if common passive nodes provided "% increased Spell Damage of Spells". I understand that the wording composition supposed to be: "X of spells is equal to X of weapon" but since it's been changed to have "Spell" before "Critical Strike Chance", "is equal to that of Main Hand Weapon" now translates to ephemeral "Spell Critical Strike Chance of Main Hand Weapon", which kinda breaks the composition.

Base Spell Critical Strike Chance is equal to Critical Strike Chance of Main Hand Weapon - is what I'd suggest, even if it doesn't fit in one line.

Totems crit related stats are also inaccurate. Shaman's Dominion notable
"
60% increased Critical Strike Chance with Totem Skills
+20% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Totem Skills

Totem Skills are skills with a Totem tag, but such stats historically affect crits of all totemified skills, e.g. Arc linked to Spell Totem.

Brand crit (and damage) related stats also used to mention "with Brand Skills", but when Arcane Brand was introduced in 3.11, the stats were reworded to make them work with it (but I think it was also a functional change) because skills supported by Arcane Brand don't become Brand Skills either. So similarly to brand stats from e.g. Explosive Runes notable, I suggest to reword the totem stats to
"
60% increased Totem Critical Strike Chance
+20% to Totem Critical Strike Multiplier
for the consistnecy sake, even though they are currently intuitive.

My previous wording improvent suggestion post (much smaller). Hasn't been adressed so far and can't be bumped. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3360615
Archieving system is too harsh in this forum section.
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 9:41:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info