Here guys... make Tiramisu...

Except we give you all the ingredients for that plus a lot of other recipes. You have to guess how much you need of the right ingredients to figure it out though. Good luck!

Necropolis graveyard in a nutshell, am I right? Hands down one of the worst cook books ever implemented

Last bumped on May 13, 2024, 4:50:48 PM
But you can make Tiramisu in 101 or more ways with a perfect result?

graveyard is just a little bit of math with a small touch of gambling.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
I don't care for the graveyard either. I've mostly just been throwing things together because ain't no way I'm going to store dozens of coffins in my stash. I've been enjoying the league a lot despite the absence of this feature for me though.

My biggest problem with the graveyard is, like the OP suggested, that it is too clunky and complicated, making it pretty much the exact opposite direction of how power should be distributed amongst the player base, based on skill. Meaning, good players will know how to take advantage of the graveyard (by using craftofexile lol) and make the most of it, printing mirror items making themselves even more powerful. Meanwhile bad players, who don't really know what they are doing, will get absolutely nothing out of this, making them remain weak. This is a big problem with the game, stacking more power on good players that they just do not need and punishing bad players by not helping them to succeed. A good example of how to do it right would be Rog. Rog crafting is extremely simple, and straight-forward and does not really discriminate between good and bad players as it is mostly random.

I understand the need to reward the good players, and I agree with it, but there is also too much power at times in some of the rarest and/or most gated drops. Meanwhile, 99.999999% of gear you find on the ground is unusable and some pretty good items that are actually obtainable sometimes end up getting removed from the core drop pool (The Oak and Wraithlord for example). I feel like something could and should be done about it.

Sorry to go a little off-topic at the end there.
gamers are supposed to game, figure things out, try things, sometimes fail and sometimes win. I notice a lot of younger gamers think they should just not do any of that and should also seemingly get best in slot results on first tries.

With POE I see a ton of this "gaming is done by looking someone elses optimal strat up on a wiki youtube or using a 3rd party tool to eliminate any gaming" I see people like Capt. Lance wonder why GGG "means for us" to use 20,000 chance orbs and scours on a base.... No they never "meant" for that... YOU DID THAT TO YOURSELF BY META GAMING, then he unknowingly asks for GGG to change chance orbs so they are super rare to reduce his 20k clicks... but that means I'll never chance a Pillar in SSF at level 13 again which is what GGG MEANT those orbs to be used for. This is an example of someone not seeing the forest for the tree in front of them. Maybe some POE players are just looking at the game wrong?

You're "meant" to try things and game it out. This is my first pre yellow maps craft made in Ruthless using ZERO "cheat sheets" I didn't so much as load up Craft of Exile to see my chances all the corpses were lower level:

I used:
Logic
mostly week 1 Act 6-10 corpses
I logically reduced elemental mods
I logically increased phys mods
I chose this base because the average corpse ilvl would not give highest mace base and Gavels have a ton of flat phys
I yolo'd in all my relevant corpses all this stuff was ilvl 45, 50, 60, and topped out at I think 68 or 69.

I blocked life why block life on a weapon that doesn't get life rolls? Because the leech mod sucks and I recall is a life mod.

I blocked resists and attributes hoping for better shot at bleed and speed.

Before that craft I had only made quick test crafts on rings and such to get a feel for it.

Not optimal (only T4 phys) but everything made sense and was understandable intuitive and gaming it out worked. I didn't want to save these crafts for higher level because I expected that the ilvl of the result is averaged and would keep my "optimal" weapon craft that I'll (hopefully) do later from being able to roll T1 phys etc. I say hope because the +tier corpses are fuckin' rare as hens teeth in ruthless.

I play POE because it is one of the few games where I'm meant to game it out.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:
gamers are supposed to game, figure things out, try things, sometimes fail and sometimes win. I notice a lot of younger gamers think they should just not do any of that and should also seemingly get best in slot results on first tries.

Man, this hits me where I live.

I've never understood the Gameshark mentality, where winning is more important than actually playing.
"
"
alhazred70 wrote:

I've never understood the Gameshark mentality, where winning is more important than actually playing.

it's a reinforcement prop for those lacking self-confidence
For sure it's easy, there are also websites ike "craftofexile" to help, but globally it's a chore, too heavy... And once done you realize you have the whole kitchen to clean-up. I had 17 tabs of this crap.

I used like 1/3 of my coffins, sold few others, and sold few items made with it, then quit because it's just -really- boring.
And that thing spawns on your face in maps all the time, masking other loot on the floor, this is CRAZY looool.

GL

Never had a better league for SSF since Harvest basically. The few criticisms I have of the league mechanic are overshadowed by all the cool shit I get to play with. :)

(above 2 example crafts are just from today)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on May 5, 2024, 8:08:30 PM
"
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Because playing without winning feels very bad. Concept is called loosing. And by loosing in PoE I mean failing the content or either not progressing.
It's either frustrating or boring af.

And that half assed Gavel is basic af. Try "gaming out" something more specific...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 5, 2024, 6:04:50 PM
I like graveyard. Even a casual can get something nice crafted through it with a little bit of logical thinking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info