Passive Tree, Skill Gems, Target Audience, Love

Never post, played forever, genuine thoughts - if you like it great - if you don't great.

Passive Tree:
Group stuff. Example: 3 points @3% attack speed is overkill, make it 1x 9% attack speed, if you really need to compensate (for something) make it 9 points @1% attack speed, as you can see that's even more stupid. Number one complaint I hear is it's too complicated. Of course it's simple to me but to most it's not, literally 1/3 of the trees could be combined without changing anything. Keep the same positions to not ruin 'items withing radius' stuff for a quick implementation, I know resources are allocated. Make them 'medium passives' or something, it doesn't seem hard to figure out a realistic solution. Last Epoch really showed what a simple but meaningful tree could look like, POE could do 10x better doing the same thing. I imagine LE could put a plethora of 10 int/dex/str/speed/dumb/whatever/ in-between anything that matters and make it look like they're the greatest genius momma said existed too.

Skill Gems:
For God's sake make some skill gem changes that matter, there's no reason to invent new stuff when you have an entire garbage bin of discarded skills, now we just have a larger garbage bin of discarded skills, is there some kind of bonus for garbage skills created? I'd imagine (hope) you have business reasons why you keep to the same top builds for ages now, but what about each league you take 5-10 gems that nobody's used forever and make them amazing, you have the stats, I'd even go as far as ruining the top 5 builds of the previous season but that's probably too far. Give the streamers something to write about instead of catch this exploit before they patch it.

Target Audience:
I'm fortunate my kids play with me, I promote it all the time, nobody else I know likes the game. I fell in love because it's legit in depth layers of real things to address RPG, obvious Diablo blah blah lead me to it, there's room for all good games. I play somewhat hardcore but not for a living and I feel like I'm the majority, I could be wrong but I don't think so. I loved I could play solo and try to beat this mammoth challenge without being penalized for not being in some stupid guild or grouping with people I have to pretend to care about. I'm a solo adult with adult money who plays when I like and how I like it, things I ignore are punished and things I pursue are rewarded. For a while now it feels like streamers and groups are your target audience, surely this is less than 1% of your player base but 99% of your media. They should receive nothing, if anything penalize the streamers and don't make some junk group more rewarding than my solo 8 mod map at 100% delirium, it's total BS, I can play a junk nothing map and when my kids join me suddenly I get drops, you're not an MMO, that's not even close to your identity. Give the streamers something to write about and you'll make them happy, they need content, different builds, different approaches, not 'act now' exploits and here's some ridiculous way to play most of you will never experience.

Whenever I heard the 'deal with it' guy all I could think of is this game is becoming 'you can play it your own way, if it's done just how I say' ~POEtallica

League:
How you could bring in a scarab system (which needs work but a great start, combine some stuff, don't ruin everything without scarabs..), multiple atlas saves, trade QOL and T17 maps! (which is hopefully expanded upon) and totally create a train wreck is absolutely amazing, like award level amazing, but growing pains hurt at times. Here's a simple rule, don't pi$$ on everything else for a league, multitudes of people actually enjoy 'everything else', the reset is a huge attraction, not just the league mechanic, destroying everything else ruins half the attraction.

Yes I hate this league, because you ruined most the things I enjoy, but that's another topic all together, I play anyways because that's the challenge. I've loved almost every league made, it's not my focus point, I love you keep trying at all times, some leagues are great and some not so much, I support and am a fan of the effort. My biggest argument has been you can tell when a company plays and loves their game, I'm becoming suspicious if anyone there plays anymore and you're becoming another corporate downslide. Nobody played this and said wow this POS grave that I can't trade for a portal scroll that takes 5x more screen space than a divine drop is amazing! If I can drop 3 graves it takes up a huge portion of my active screen and I can't see anything, this is amazing! Nobody without an incentive played this and provided input for the love of the game.

Every time I get a reflect map mod I missed because I'm juicing with a ton of stats solo to get anything I feel like the vision is there's some intern with glossy eyes to a dev that says 'Wow you're the best dev ever - you totally got him! Such genius!' It's just.. know I have violence in mind.

Love ya guys! Keep up the great effort!
Last bumped on May 4, 2024, 12:16:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info