Ruthless Feedback 3.24

One Feedback each league. This league fixes the map sustain problem once for all with scarab change which is good please don't nerf them. A few things still hurts the gameplay.
1. Movement speed! I am not trying to say I want to zoom around like bench league, but any build w/o movement speed in passives tree feels non-playable. Yes I am talking about melee and left part of the tree. Especially consider T17 is not designed to fight w/o movement skill which we don't have in ruthless. My suggestion would be buff some melee ascendency with adding a bit movement speed in those small notes. I think overall 20-30% additional movement speed will make more build viable.
2. Consider buff that quickstep a bit, I am totally ok with its CD right now, it feels like ruthless play, again with T17 in the game, I would say I don't feel how that quickstep tick. It needs to be able to travel across monsters, and a more CDR reduction when unique near by.
3. Uber boss access is too limited, maybe a whole league play only less than 20 uber bosses is killed, all the fun unique are uber drops. I guess dont nerf fragment drop from t17 make it drop 2-3 frag each time.
4. I would argue we need more pack of monsters, the chance to spawn events in map is a wrong decision. I quote a youtuber said, we love harder, and we are ok with less drop which is a part of difficulty, but a game wasted time on slowly moving to next pack which is a screen away, and less contents? It makes only less fun. So I would say less drop but let event spawn more.
5. Last but very important is master missions. They counts as events but cannot be blocked. This make all other atlas strategy a waste of time since we cannot block other event to make 1 desired happened all the time. So i would suggest either give us a way to block non-blockable event or better just make them non event.

Overall Ruthless feels better and better. Wise more player would enjoy it.
Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 8:37:47 PM
Movement speed feels obligatory? I don't know what you mean.

(checks characters something like 7 out of the last 10 have the Raider movementspeed+ supression nodes, phasing on kill above precise tech and the Mara Dex notable that has 5% ms. and I seem to be in a rut where I can't not go over and get the supression and MS)

Okay so I guess I do know what you mean.

Sarcasm aside I really don't want to spam shield charge in ruthless but yeah a bit of tweaking maybe long cooldown movement skills would be welcome... They could literally let Siosa sell Haste. I also think they could just unnerf duration on quicksilvers. and maybe ad a little MS to some other places especially left side of tree but then thats getting into a whole ball of "don't work on ruthless because the SC trade creative mode types will get sand in their undies".

Anyway sadly "the ruthless ship has sailed" so as unhappy as it makes me it looks like they're never going to seriously iterate on it or ask themselves if they actually landed it in the right spot in all accounts.

At this point personally I'm more hoping that either POE2 hits some sort of middle ground "sweet spot" or GGG recognizes that its stupid to have 6 hard modes and 1 easy mode and maybe re-factor all the modes a little or at least add a mode between EZ mode and the 6 hard modes.

A medium core mode that Has Ruthless loot scarcity but the core Atlas tree, move skills, div cards and map sustain would be my permanent new home.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on May 3, 2024, 8:39:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info