Pvp feedback: Pvp sucked because...

1- There's no time to pre-cast several auras like in PVE...

2- I'm glad it's all over and that pvp will never be a thing again.
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 11:29:22 PM
you don't need auras to pvp, I had a blast without a single one, and other people needing to sit there casting fifteen different spells before the battle like the Power Rangers doing a dance to summon their Zords gave me a chance to bum rush them for the one punch knockout

pvp died because GGG let it die by no longer providing support for exploits and bugs, and totally not caring about balance between different play styles (ultra-wide monitor with projectiles - sometimes invisible - made actual melee a challenge)

the fundamental mechanics of the game didn't work out too well either as players have abilities monsters do not

chaos damage is useless, or super effective
evasion is useless, or somewhat effective
culling makes low life builds sol
items can summon invincible high speed minions

then there is the largest problem, which GGG cannot solve, which is the newer generation of gamers can't handle it

in diablo ii pvp was not always optional, and it was amazing, getting ganked and getting revenge, chasing players from one game to another, or sitting in a pvp game for hours screwing around outside of town

something changed since then, folks don't like confrontation anymore, maybe microplastics in the food supply caused it, idk, but pvp in PoE was a lot of fun for a few years despite it being minimally supported (although the community was never more than several dozen)

I don't see the point in playing an RPG without PVP, the npcs don't care that you kill them off, they don't curse you out or log in on another character to try to get revenge, no point in getting gear or leveling past the storyline

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info