Wtf alot of bots are trying to buy my items, some of them are even level 90, is it normal ?

Hi,

Typically this one level 91 with 3 challenges tried to buy some eldrich orbs card two times in 2 days... Ended up in reporting it:

- Fishy low amount of challenges vs level (probably leveled in 5-ways runs)
- Absolutely not answering to any questions
- Same kind of delay before cancelling trade / interactions

And it's not the only one, plently of these bots tried to buy various items from me, and if anyone dares to tell me "but they don't do anything bad" the answer is NO:

This is wrong, when they buy items to sell them at highter value it does impact others players. The bot will "snipe" the item before a normal player does. The normal player will have to buy another at higher price.

There are people who create accounts for 1 league, farm and sell, then end up to use the account with bot for automated trading/profit.

@GGG I hope you will find a way to fix that.
@Anyone: when you catch one, report it.
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 6:41:29 AM
the price ggg pays for console compatibility, more automation means more automated levelling options for bots
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
the price ggg pays for console compatibility, more automation means more automated levelling options for bots

Excuse me but what is the link in-between consoles compatibility and these bots vastly interfering POE economy (on PC) ?
"
Universalis wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Excuse me but what is the link in-between consoles compatibility and these bots vastly interfering POE economy (on PC) ?

ggg introduced autoaiming, autotargeting, auto item hoovering and automatisation skills and so on for consoles cause controllers just got few keys and no ability to fast target single positions on the screen. and forced them onto pc users.

in the old times, people went on lengths to cheat those functions into games, now they get implemented into the game by the devs themselves with a thinking like "if all players get them, it's probably fine".

narp, the reasons why those abilities shouldn't be in a pc game are the same like in the "old times"=> your game gets bot infested and you can't detect them anymore. and who plays first person shooters with builtin auto aiming anyway?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 4, 2024, 2:39:41 PM
"
Universalis wrote:
Hi,

Typically this one level 91 with 3 challenges tried to buy some eldrich orbs card two times in 2 days... Ended up in reporting it:

- Fishy low amount of challenges vs level (probably leveled in 5-ways runs)
- Absolutely not answering to any questions
- Same kind of delay before cancelling trade / interactions

Wait this is your reason for suspecting bots and you're reporting people based of this?? Have you considered that you might be a little overly concerned with this issue in an unhealthy way?

Plenty of players give zero fucks about challenges... the very fact that you think they're some sort of indicator of not being a real person is highly concerning and suggests to me that you might have a somewhat shall we say; non-rational idea of what might be evidence? This meets well with Occams razor as a more probable conclusion than the one you're jumping to.

Lots of people playing POE are not native English speakers, or simply don't want to chat, especially with someone who may be accusatory or demanding which is a much more likely (occams razor) reason why they ignored your questioning... this leads me to the suspicion that you might not be very reasonable and might have a hyper elevated feeling of more people being bots than actually are.

your questioning might be leading or somewhat insulting or abrasive judging by your post here where you used paper thin and not at all accurate reasoning for judging someone to be a bot, I once again suspect you're not being very reasonable.

Delay is far from a suspicious thing. In fact one of the things that POE currency bots are well known for is SPEED OF CLICKING.

A HUMAN is far more likely to take longer to click than a BOT, humans might need to think twice or try to puzzle out why you're canceling. Canceling a trade is quite often a sign that someones trying a scam bait and switch. A bot is unlikely to be watching Netflix on another monitor. Or need to hover their mouse over the trade to double check.

The internet has something called latency, people in countries that don't speak English might be very far removed from you. Again your criteria suggests almost nothing about the OTHER person in your interactions.

No offense but if this is what you're using to report people with I would suggest that you're actually abusing the report system and I hope GGG has already flagged future reports from you as being a nuisance.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
welcome to path of trade bots thanks to some greedy tft people sending their bots out to buy crafting supplies for dirt cheap.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
vio wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:
"
vio wrote:

ggg introduced autoaiming, autotargeting, auto item hoovering and automatisation skills and so on for consoles cause controllers just got few keys and no ability to fast target single positions on the screen. and forced them onto pc users.

in the old times, people went on lengths to cheat those functions into games, now they get implemented into the game by the devs themselves with a thinking like "if all players get them, it's probably fine".

narp, the reasons why those abilities shouldn't be in a pc game are the same like in the "old times"=> your game gets bot infested and you can't detect them anymore. and who plays first person shooters with builtin auto aiming anyway?

Hmm I am not sure these last changes are a key factor because bots already existed before using summoners & leveling in base storyline areas.
There's no need for autoaiming to proceed trade actions anyway.

Yet imho there's also simple players, cheaters, who play the game like 2 weeks with a league dedicated account, then once they have the base currency just let it run 12 or 24/7.

I think the biggest factor is game's increased popularity and the scaled effort done to developp these bots, along with the lack of counter measures.
"
alhazred70 wrote:

No offense but if this is what you're using to report people with I would suggest that you're actually abusing the report system and I hope GGG has already flagged future reports from you as being a nuisance.

Please refrain on personal attacks, the 2-3 accounts i reported were bots, end of story, on the other hand, one time, i met one low level selling some items, i asked if it was bot, it wasn't, and we had a laugh.

Many players are using a secondary account without "automatizing" it... But there are really too much of these bots now and this makes the game repulsive

"
Pashid wrote:
welcome to path of trade bots thanks to some greedy tft people sending their bots out to buy crafting supplies for dirt cheap.

These bots are not only buying for some crafters, seems they are used to snipe various items or anything like currency, fragments, etc... flipping and/or converting essentially.
Last edited by Universalis on May 5, 2024, 12:30:08 AM
Banned bots = me happy. The more that get banned, the happier I am. This isn't a single player games - bots hurt others by merely existing.

In a perfect world, bot users would spontaneously combust into a pile of smoldering ashes.

Since this is not a perfect world, we'll have to settle for booting them out of our games when caught.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on May 5, 2024, 6:42:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info