Ambush scarab of containment

Ambush scarab of containment wiki say it work like monstruous treasure.
So mob in box and + 36 box.
I used 2 ambush scarab + ambush scarab of containment + ambush scarab of hidden compartment + ambush from map device.
If i count correctly i would have :
10 ( ambush ) + 36 ( containment ) + 5 ( map device ) + 1 ( atlas tree ) = 52 box but i got only 42 in map.

Did i miss something or bug? 26 instead of 36 is a lot.
Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 10:48:18 AM
From my understanding, there is a limitation to the amount of content you can have in one map. 42 is probably well exceeding that limitation, especially if you're not blocking content.
It will range, from my experience, from 42 to 52, depending on extra content.

Blocking the 10 extra content via atlas nodes helps, but still sometimes you'll get 42. Pray to RNGesus...

Even Searing Exarch vs Eater of worlds seems to make a difference, can't explain why but I've done over 100 runs with Searing Exarch and never got 52 boxes, and in 5 runs with Eater of world I had 2 runs with 52 boxes.. Could still be luck, but sounds too much of a coincidence.. However I pref to keep running Searing Exarch as I get the "chance to drop double currency" more often and if the strat you're doing is what I think it is, that's the best mod you can get.

I also run shrines, since that forces searing exarch mobs to spawn and extra content that is not blockable will almost always appear anyway so better be shrines than the rest (i.e. essence mobs would still block total amount of boxes if this theory is correct but wouldn't force searing exarch mobs to spawn, thus less chance to get altars).

hope this helps you min/max the runs :p
Last edited by xorstl on May 2, 2024, 1:04:02 PM
I blocked all just keep shrine & heist. Some ppl told me it's about mob density in the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info