Please, no more...

GGG,

I don't say this to be toxic but please don't release another league like Necropolis. This is the fastest I've ever completed my challenges and quit.

To say that Path of Exile is my favorite game would be an understatement but I couldn't shake the feeling that my time was being wasted this league.

Probably going to get blasted in here for expressing a negative opinion about the league but it is what it is...and I felt it was such a stark contrast to my previous experiences that I had to post about it.

Anyway, 40/40, yada yada yada... See you in three months.

Last bumped on May 1, 2024, 12:29:24 PM
Nah I agree as well. This league is basically bag of nails. It has so much good stuff that still manages to outweight negatives and makes me wanna map around. None of it related to league mechanics tho. But so much friction and poor balancing. It feels like someone at GGG intentionally adding annoying stuff in the mix just in spite as they hate some players I guess? Stupid mods on T17, unreasonable friction in Corpsecrafting just to make it tedious as hell and so on.

Everyonee just forced to spam chaos on maps and probably 90% of T17 runners using Back to Basics. T17 mod pool is infested with trash mods like "4% less action speed per skill use recently" or "2 less traps/mines used" or "Players cant block/suppress". Cant wait next league to see "Scion/Necromancer/etc can't use skills" maybe?

I hate friction and this league is the most friction I ever seen. But I have short memory for bad things so I probably forget this grit soon. Except Kalandra. That abomination will haunt me to the grave.

• I eat cats for breakfast. I will eat you too.
• GGG has 0 play testers it seems. 3.24 shows it clearly.
• Screw 6-link one hand item exploiters and their deleted items. Your tears are as delicious as Pepsi Max Raspberry sizzling sip.
"
InvictaVultis wrote:
Nah I agree as well. This league is basically bag of nails. It has so much good stuff that still manages to outweight negatives and makes me wanna map around. None of it related to league mechanics tho. But so much friction and poor balancing. It feels like someone at GGG intentionally adding annoying stuff in the mix just in spite as they hate some players I guess? Stupid mods on T17, unreasonable friction in Corpsecrafting just to make it tedious as hell and so on.

Everyonee just forced to spam chaos on maps and probably 90% of T17 runners using Back to Basics. T17 mod pool is infested with trash mods like "4% less action speed per skill use recently" or "2 less traps/mines used" or "Players cant block/suppress". Cant wait next league to see "Scion/Necromancer/etc can't use skills" maybe?

I hate friction and this league is the most friction I ever seen. But I have short memory for bad things so I probably forget this grit soon. Except Kalandra. That abomination will haunt me to the grave.

In regards to specifics,

1. The "#% chance to find a Divine Orb" and "Strongest Monster in Pack converts -> Divine Orb" modifiers should have been hidden. This would have required you to open & enter the map, eliminating part of the problem with early map burning strategy.

2. Necropolis, as a mechanic, is obtuse and the UI/UX for interacting with the mechanic is...not good. For instance, you have more space viewing your Allflame locker from the Map Device than from the actual Allflame locker. Corpses populate crowded stash tabs -- have fun with that. Most crafts that are worth your time require you to fill up your Graveyard array, then go back to your stash and fill it up again to finish the craft. There are a few more things I could mention here but I think you get the point. It's tedium that adds unnecessary friction.

3. End-game feels pigeon-holed into two categories:

3a. Farming/rolling/selling T17's
3b. Farming/rolling/running T17's & Scarabs

4. There shouldn't be Tier 0 scarabs and most scarabs could be removed completely. Some of the juice from potentially removed scarabs could be added as a baseline because non-T17 maps feel empty now. There are a handful of scarabs that have "value" but beyond that, it's just taking up space. No one buys them, no one runs them, they only collect dust.

5. General mapping is in a terrible spot. You can't really pack your maps anymore. You have to specialize to get any value from the league content, which then reduces how much you can actually see per map. This requires more maps, time and materials for LESS activity and loot.

6. Uber boss drops -- They're virtually non-existent. The barrier to entry is too high for what you DON'T get. With the inability to roll the invitations, Ubers have been reduced to what would be a benchmark for builds IF the benchmark wasn't T17's. Now they're similar to bloat content, in my opinion.

7. Veiled Orbs are far too rare. If I spend all that time setting up a Catarina fight, I should have a BETTER chance of getting a Veiled Orb. I say this because it was rather easy to set up a Tier 3 Aisling before the changes, and that's guaranteed. They can see how many Catarinas I've run. I'm curious, do they think the amount of time and effort I spent was acceptable for the two Veiled Orbs I received? ... Did I just get really lucky and people have had worse experiences? I sure hope not.

8. League content siphoning Atlas points away from end-game. The league should be experienced in all its glory with no restrictions. Save the Atlas wheels for when it goes core.

There's more but this is the bulk of it, based on my personal experiences this league.

On your bit about T17's -- I personally like them but I do agree on one point: I feel like the bad modifiers are on the T17's strictly to burn chaos orbs. It's a "gold sink".

I was also a Kalandra enjoyer, btw. I've played since Legion. This is my first league where I felt like there was nothing enticing me to stay. Even in the past, with leagues I wasn't terribly fond of, I could find SOMETHING to be interested in.
Last edited by Beavith on May 1, 2024, 10:23:31 AM
That is good sum up I guess :D I have no patience to provide constructive feedback. I can only provide rambling and some whiny opinions.

I am very casual in game just put obsene timein to it. This league I spend a lot of time in Hideout as it takes me a lot of time to keep respeccing that atlas tree for 150th time, reroll maps and gather willpower to to go in to the T17. Mapping in T17 to me feels super unsatisfying and annoying. I love boss fights. And I really like adding actual mechanics and was farming T17 with delirium. Now I do back to Basics and I hate this rubbish even tho most maps - 1 to 3 full inventories of scarabs. Most of them will rot in my stash. I sell only the expensive one.

I do not care much about otcome of any mechanics much. Well, to a degree. I rather enjoy the farming itself. I know a lot of people do care only about outcome. For me it is like getting juicy fried crispy chicken wings but to get them you have to cross swamp in the forest of death while barefoot and buttnaked worms crawling down your crack. Farming chicken (uber uber frags) takes too long and such a chore and I just spend more time doing simple Destructive Play rotations in T16 and is much more enjoyable than that. Awakened Spell echo made it worth even more so. Gave it to a friend to sell and fund his gear :D

Managed to farm and kill uber uber elder and uber shaper so kind of happy with that. Less than a divine worth of loot from both combined if that matters.

I specced out of Syndicate. Nearly 40 mastermind kills and Veiled Orb only from first Mastermind kill. 0 Paradoxicas too. Waste of time. If I compare it to Alva I am runing - difference is absolute insanity.

I was hard focused in to collecting corpses since day one for quite some time and put all my points in to the corpse farm. Now I have 11 quad tabs of corpses and have no idea what to do with them as crafting is annoying and I do not trade things that are annoying to trade too. Managed to craft some nice things tho. But everyone can if they want to. It is just... Friction. Also I like to hoard things that I miiiiiight use someday.

Also - Kalandra had nice outcome (rings) but that lake was too "swampy" for me.

Well, enough rambling for me. to sum it up - ye, please no more leagues like this GGG. Get some proper playtesters please.
• I eat cats for breakfast. I will eat you too.
• GGG has 0 play testers it seems. 3.24 shows it clearly.
• Screw 6-link one hand item exploiters and their deleted items. Your tears are as delicious as Pepsi Max Raspberry sizzling sip.
Based on what you've said, I got lucky with my two Veiled Orbs. I ran a little less than half of what you did.

At the very least, it should be a 50% chance -- if not guaranteed. Syndicate is one of those mechanics, like Labyrinth, that needs some serious TLC and attention.

The entire process of setting up safehouses, interrogating leaders and fighting Catarina is too much for what you get. Syndicate is now farming Catarina with T3 Gravicius in Transport. If it's to remain with the drop rates as they are, Catarina should be faster to set up.

I should note that I was running Syndicate with the scarabs & Atlas wheels for increased progression. Without the scarabs, the whole process is CBT.

This is a prime example of what scarabs would work better as a baseline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info