Delirium Syndicate Research Center Bug (I was able to recreate it over and over)

The research center is supposed to pause the Delirium timer just like Sacred Grove/Alvas Temples but in some certain cases it will start counting down from 4 seemingly at random and I finally figured out what the bug was.

It all boils down to who you encountered outside the center. If a research member appears as a reinforcement for intervention/transportation/fortress and they're the initial one in the center, the timer starts immediately as soon as you enter the center. Furthermore, if someone you interrogated outside appears as a reinforcement, it will also start the timer.

Out of 20 T16 Strand Maps I had the following scenarios:

Map #5 - Gravicius is research, he appears as reinforcement during transportation, soon as I enter center the Delirium timer starts and Gravicius is the initial encounter.

Map #13 - Asling is intervention which is cleared before the center, I enter the research center and as soon as Asling appears as reinforcement the timer starts for Delirium.

Map #17 - Hillock is research, he appears as reinforcement for fortress, I enter the center and timer doesn't start because it's not hillock as the initial member, but as soon as he appears as reinforcement the timer starts.

Map #19 - Same thing again with Asling as she's still intervention and has a rivalry with Tora in research so she appears as reinforcement again and the timer starts immediately.

Note: The timer is immediate and there's no way to counter it. Even speed-executing/bargaining and returning to the map doesn't do anything. As soon as there's a reinforcement from outside in the center the Delirium immediately counts down from 4 and ends no matter what you do.
Last bumped on May 5, 2024, 9:55:58 AM
It gets even worse, I just had a map where Tora spawned as a reinforcement during intervention, and the timer started immediately. When I found the research lab she was the initial encounter. So it seems that even if you avoid the research lab, if the initial encounter person in the center shows up as reinforcement outside, it still triggers delirium to end.
Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.
To me its an instant research closure and/or delirium loot explosion when I encounter the bug. Kinda bad when research spawns at the start of the map.
And as I play with scarab of neuroses which grants both bosses to spawn one of them at least will be down in the research lab as well 100% of the time which nets me ~-50 splinters if I avoid the lab and can finish the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info