Bestiary QoL Suggestions

Hello all,

Tl;dr for Mark's sake:
1. Beasts dropping itemized as soon as they are captured, possibly atlas passive
2. Bulk itemization/release UI. Currently way too many actions for a single operation.
3. Beast tab affinity pls

For detailed suggestions and reasoning, please read below.

I've recently found I enjoy farming beasts, however as most people know there is a long way to go in terms of QoL for the Bestiary. It is a very cool mechanic, but the sheer number of clicks needed for basic operations can be tedious and even overwhelming at times. For instance, when your bestiary fills up, you will be spammed with messages saying that beasts are being removed, however you have to release beasts or itemize them one by one to remedy this. I have a handful of different suggestions to improve this.

First, the ability to automatically itemize beasts would be fantastic. This could be similar to how Necropolis corpses work, in that they drop as items as soon as Einhar captures them in the net. This would give an amazing amount of control in what goes into the bestiary to begin with, so for instance we could choose to only pick up valuable beasts, ignore yellow beasts, etc. This could perhaps be a Bestiary atlas keystone if nothing else.

Second, some way to release or itemize beasts in bulk. Now, the first suggestion would definitely ease the need for bulk itemization, but not eliminate it entirely. I think a simple solution to this would be the ability to click on a category of beasts(e.g. "Arachnids") and have the option to remove all of them. One prompt to ensure you actually want to do this, and if you click okay they are all released. Possibly also individual buttons or a toggle/checkbox for whether you want to release yellow beasts, red beasts, or all. Also, perhaps using a regex search in the Bestiary tab could give the option to mass itemize/release all results with a prompt stating which operation is being attempted and again on click would take care of it.

Third, a beast tab affinity would be nice to allow people to quickly stash bulk beasts. I've heard that the way the bulk pricing works for the trade site is that you can price them in one premium tab and the quantity is calculated from all premium tabs. This would be especially fantastic if the bulk currency moving worked for the stash(I created a previous suggestion thread about this) and itemized beasts.

Some limitations of the bulk itemization would be the player inventory and currency. Either it could cap how many beasts the single operation can itemize based on how much available space there is, or inform the player if the operation is impossible due to available inventory space. The latter would most likely only be useful if the regex search were implemented, since a category of beasts holds way more than one inventory. And while I know itemizing beasts costs 1c per orb currently, I feel like that can be done away with for Bestiary since it was done away with for Necropolis. It seems like a very similar scenario that could have the same reasoning applied.
Last edited by Reiyd on Apr 26, 2024, 9:58:29 AM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 9:55:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info