Menagerie - Is it FIFO or what system is used to replace a beast

Is the menagerie First In First Out?

If I run maps, and fill it up.
I now have 1,000 beasts.
If I then run a new map, and get the notifications that a beast has been replaced, is that beast 1/1,000 that is replaced?
Or is it random?

Do each type of beasts have a limit?
e.g beasts from the deep.

If mapping when it's full, and I capture a craicic chimeral, is there a risk it will be replaced on the NEXT map, or will previously caught beasts instead be replaced? (FIFO)
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2024, 3:40:38 AM
Nope. If its filled, you cannot add any new beast anymore and the one you catch are deleted.
"
Aynix wrote:
Nope. If its filled, you cannot add any new beast anymore and the one you catch are deleted.

Sorry but that's completely incorrect.

When your menagerie is full, and you catch more, it will say a beast and it's name has been replaced.

I did find a more detailed Reddit thread here, which seems to indicate it's completely random which beast is released/replaced.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/lunbmb/psa_when_your_menagerie_is_full_beast_overwriting/
"
IrishRoyal wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

When your menagerie is full, and you catch more, it will say a beast and it's name has been replaced.

No. It says name of beast and the name is of beast you just caught. You dont delete odlest beast. You dont delete lower rarity beast. If your menagerie is full you delete NEW beasts, not old ones. SO catching beasts when your menagerie is full is just waste of time and money.
I use bestiary for profit pretty much every league, thread from 3 years ago (that doesnt even prove ur point) means nothing.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 16, 2024, 9:12:12 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
IrishRoyal wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

No. It says name of beast and the name is of beast you just caught. You dont delete odlest beast. You dont delete lower rarity beast. If your menagerie is full you delete NEW beasts, not old ones. SO catching beasts when your menagerie is full is just waste of time and money.
I use bestiary for profit pretty much every league, thread from 3 years ago (that doesnt even prove ur point) means nothing.

Dude, go fill your menagerie.
Go capture a beast.
Look at the message displayed.

Your Menagerie was full so an older Beast (Brutalkiller; Blood Chieftain) was removed to make space.
Your Menagerie was full so an older Beast (Ironkiller; Chrome-touched Croaker) was removed to make space.
Your Menagerie was full so an older Beast (Shadowface; Chrome-touched Croaker) was removed to make space.
Your Menagerie was full so an older Beast (Terrormoan; Fighting Bull) was removed to make space.
Your Menagerie was full so an older Beast (Feargnaw; Bearded Devil) was removed to make space.

"SO AN OLDER BEAST WAS REMOVED TO MAKE SPACE".....
Last edited by IrishRoyal on Apr 16, 2024, 10:22:18 AM
ANd then check if the beast you just caught was actually added or deleted.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 16, 2024, 12:11:03 PM
AFAIK it just dumps a random beast from the whole list. I know reds can be replaced with yellows and vice versa, so there's no ordering there at least.
Украина в моём сердце
I will never forgive GGG for not giving us "delete all beasts" button in "QoL league".
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 16, 2024, 2:37:49 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3224785

Haven't read through this thread but there might be some relevant information
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 17, 2024, 3:50:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info