Essence Monster dropping nothing.

Have been farming Essences on T6 Strand Maps.
Everything has been working as intended, corrupting Misery, Envy, Dread and Scorn for transformation chances. I used an essence of corruption on an essence, with misery and envy in it, got them to upgrade, killed the monster and it dropped no essences, or any loot at all that I could tell.

I'm not running Crystal Resonance, and there are no loot drop conversion haunted mods or anything I can think of that would have done this. I thought the monster could have bugged and teleported, so full cleared the map just to be sure. Bug Report Reference number is 2910979649.
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2024, 5:42:58 AM
Are you using allflames with catalysts, scarabs or similar? Because those are currently bugged and will cause essence mobs to blink out of existence and drop nothing once killed.
Do you have any corpse explosion/destruction in your build (Such as Profane Bloom?) Last league it sometimes removed the essences dropped from monsters & removed guaranteed drops from blight bosses (the annointed jewellery through the atlas tree), and I didn't see any bugfix for it since then.
No Corpse explosion, but it did look like the enemy just vanished instead of dying, no animation or anything like that, and there was an unexplainable pile of random garbage loot nearby. And I think i did toss two random Flames onto the mobs, so if that's bugging them out it was probably that.
"
Nayls wrote:
No Corpse explosion, but it did look like the enemy just vanished instead of dying, no animation or anything like that, and there was an unexplainable pile of random garbage loot nearby. And I think i did toss two random Flames onto the mobs, so if that's bugging them out it was probably that.

Yeah, I've been essence farming quite a bit this league, and I can guarantee you that if you used any allflames, the bug is guaranteed to happen (as long as the embered mob is also the one encased in essence crystal). They go poof and leave behind a bunch of blue garbage.

Kind of a bummer since it's already very hard to go above 3-5 divs an hour doing essences, and being able to get scarabs and catalysts would have been helpful, but alas we must wait for it to be fixed. There's already been two posts on the topic, so fingers crossed.
Last edited by cavemandiary2 on Apr 17, 2024, 5:43:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info