Map device failed to open portals

Hi,

I did a 4 scarab combination with Vaal temple map a few minutes ago and it never opened the portals.. I wasn't lagging, I didn't disconnect, it simply didn't do anything. Waited 10 min and tried porting back and forth to different places, then tried reconnecting, nothing seems to make the portals appear.

I did tons of runs exactly like this today and never had issues until now. Kind of afraid of trying another run tbh..

It consumed everything that was invested, overall about 5 div and this map would probably give me a 10 to 15 div return judging by the league mods I got which were great (2 high density, one of them with increased pack size)...

What's the policy on this? I'd like to get my stuff back, I don't care for compensation for the potential profit this map had (which was big), but would be great if I can get the map, scarabs and allflames back... the currency allflames are currently at 2.2div and I used 2..

Thanks
Last edited by xorstl on Apr 15, 2024, 8:54:51 PM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2024, 8:49:46 PM
There is no refund policy for items lost to a bug. Any items lost are lost for good.

And without bug report number or video proof, there is not much GGG can do to help fix the issue.

One small theory is if you accidentally switched to a tree with Unwavering Vision then that would prevent maps to be opened with scarabs in slots. But that's not applicable if you're sure the scarabs were consumed.
That sounds... Unreasonable.

As for video proof, I didn't even remember the existence of shadowplay or I could actually get a clip of it, too late. But it sounds like it wouldn't make a difference according to the policy..?

One would think something like this can be checked via logs, so much good development in this game and things like this can't be traced?

As for Unwavering Vision, that would simply not allow the map to start..

It's bad enough that people who work are already so behind on every league and when we can finally start running high investment maps we get 5 divs wiped out completely .. that's hours of playtime thrown away. Was unaware GGG has this policy and I always had the highest regard for GGG but this is very disappointing. Tbh in my 25 years of gaming and 35 years alive I never heard of a game that fails to reimburse players due to issues caused by bugs, but I guess you're tired of hearing this so no real point on insisting on the matter.

At least I hope this gets investigated so that it hopefully doesn't happen again, to me or anyone else... I certainly would like to know if there's a way to trigger this bug so I can stay the hell away from it..

The steps I took were completely normal:
- exit previous map (completed)
- buy whichever scarabs I ran out of
- buy another vaal map
- buy the allflames
- put it all in the map device, press go, re-configure the league mods to my liking and go...

All items gone and no portals appeared... Had 2 high density packs one with extra pack size, 2 low and 1 very low, if that matters. That's all I can remember.

This league I've noticed portals sometimes take a few seconds to open even if servers are not lagging, perhaps it's a lot more to calculate with the league mechanic and the scarab rework, but I waited 10minutes before I started trying things like porting out and in of the hideout as I was in shock of losing over 5 divs in one click... 30min after I got some courage back to try again and it all worked fine, was Fing scared it would happen again as two of those failing would mean about half my total currency gone.

Please investigate this, it's probably a combination of the league mechanic mods and packs but I didnt even printscreen it or I'd skip adding expensive allflames going forward if I get the same exact combination (which is very unlikely fortunately).
Last edited by xorstl on Apr 15, 2024, 8:58:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info