Scarab of perpetuation ignores blocked scarabs

For instance, if I take atlas keystone "Ominous Silence" it has "Scarabs found in your Maps cannot be Delirium Scarabs". However, scarabs dropped by betrayal members due to the Scarab of Perpetuation can still be Delirium Scarabs.
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2024, 9:33:34 PM
This is consistent with other sources of forced scarabs drops still dropping with the notable. The block nodes are meant for natural scarab drops, and the scarab that drops scarab is not a natural drop along with final map boss, strongbox, eldritch altar, etc.
Unwavering Vision has the same wording though and does prevent forced scarab sources from dropping. So it's possible he bug is with the Unwavering Vision notable then?
It's not the same wording at all. They serve different functions.

Unwavering Vision - "Scarabs cannot be found in your maps". Meaning you can't find scarab drops of any variety. Including ones not able to blocked. Period. But the upside of 20 passives is, imo, much stronger for less points than each individual block node assuming you don't care for scarabs. Allowing you to diversify your tree quite a bit and just not use scarabs or buy the ones you need.

Block nodes - "Scarabs found in your maps cannot be X scarabs". Meaning all natural scarabs can still drop, except the ones you block. The purpose being to more heavily influence scarabs you didn't block as well as increase the odds of mechanics you may want to run. I only started running these in the last week and saw more consistent high value scarabs since. But it requires a lot more points to block them as desired.

While part of me would like for that to scarab to work with the block nodes, that is not the design they went with. And also means I don't have to worry about running random strongboxes and Jun's and getting no scarabs if it rolls into say Deli scarabs as a reward. But that is game feedback, not a bug report.
"
"Scarabs cannot be found in your maps". Meaning you can't find scarab drops of any variety.

"
"Scarabs found in your maps cannot be X scarabs". Meaning all natural scarabs can still drop, except the ones you block.

I'm not sure how you're getting that interpretation outside of working from current behavior backwards.

The two consistent ways to read this are either:

"
"Scarabs cannot be found in your maps". Meaning you can't find scarab drops of any variety.

"
"Scarabs found in your maps cannot be X scarabs". Meaning you can't find scarab drops of variety X.

Or:

"
"Scarabs cannot be found in your maps". Meaning no natural scarabs can drop.

"
"Scarabs found in your maps cannot be X scarabs". Meaning all natural scarabs can still drop, except the ones you block.

I'm totally fine whether they want to change the wording or the behavior, but as it stands these passives are giving inconsistent behavior based on their wording.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info