Question on Chaos resist

So I'm running through my first campaign, and have reached act 6. My resists have been dropped by 30% (anticipated), but my elemental resists are still capped at 75%, so no worries there. Chaos resist, however, is now at an abysmal -2%. Looked into easy ways to fix that (crafting chaos resist onto some gear) but I don't have access to those types of crafting yet. So, is this something important enough to go shopping and replace an item of gear? Or, is it OK to just play through it and wait for a decent chaos resist item to drop, or get access to the crafting recipes to do that?
Last edited by inisfree1952 on Apr 15, 2024, 1:42:06 PM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2024, 9:30:24 PM
for the campaign, your chaos resist is not that important. once you get into mapping, youll want it to be positive, and eventually cap it. but for now, even having it *near* zero is just fine.
Chaos Resistance is essential and mandatory for hardcore because they added that chaos flower spell the wildwood mobs had in affliction, into the general pool of rares. This is now the second ability in addition to the toxic green balls

In addition getting the affix on maps "physical as chaos+ wither" means death/ instant death depending on your chaos res. (more than +50 suggested).
I would suggest that GGG moves chaos Resistance into the general all resists pool AND weights considering how common chaos damage is in the later patches
-2 chaos res is not that bad in most cases depending on your build, particularly on SC. Chaos damage does become more abundant in the acts around act 6, so you will notice it, particularly in a few areas and bosses, but you should still be able to progress. Amethyst flask might be useful or a poison flask if you are getting stuck. Amethyst ring is a usually an good place to get some chaos res if you don't have much rolls on your other gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info