Need help, no longer able to enjoy the game due to constant freezes/crashes

Not sure what happened, been playing POE for ages, but for some reason a few patches ago in this league (think it was after the buff/itemization of corpses patch) the game has completely broke for me and by that I mean that I experience around 10-30 crashes/freezes an hour now.

What I have done:
- reinstalled POE/verified integrity of game files;
- updated windows;
- updated all the nvidia drivers;
- upped my fan curves to a 100%;
- checked my internet connection, did not find any disconnects/delays when pinging to a server;
- tried out multiple different poe servers;
- checked for gpu/cpu performance issues, none were found;
- unequipped my mtx, skill effects, changed my main skill gem from ele hit -> lightning arrow;
- running POE as admin;
- turning off all overlays/anything unrelated to POE (browser etc.);
- I have even tried disabling sounds in the poe config file, I've tried multiple different settings, resolutions, dx11, dx12, vulkan, it happens on them all.
- cleared all POE cache;

What I have found:
- the game freezes pretty much at random, no matter what fps I have at the moment, or how far I am in the map, however, it has to be during mapping, I have not froze or crashed in my hideout;
- cpu/gpu load is random too during the crash, it's not like it goes to its maximum load or near maximum and then freezes;
- whole poe window freezes -> if I touch or click the window it crashes -> if I wait 5-10s it usually goes to the initial poe choose server screen (in rare cases the game unfreezes and I am in my respawn screen);
- this only happens in poe, no other issues occur on my computer.

My computer specification is the following:
- B550 Aorus Pro V2;
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600x;
- 2x KINGSTON 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM;
- Gigabyte GV-N3070GAMING OC-8GD, GeForce RTX 3070;
- POE is located in XPG GAMMIX S70 BLADE 2048.4 GB drive which according to CrystalDiskInfo is at 100% Health Status.

The client logs mainly spam:
- Client couldn't execute a triggered action from the server.
- Instant/Triggered action was serialized to the client, but the client failed to execute the action.
which then results in:
- Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.
Last edited by Furpict on Apr 12, 2024, 10:30:00 AM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 11:30:12 PM
Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile or your cache_directory=

Try to clean it and rebuild. I hade few time corrupted files there, only deleting them all helped.

Not much more you can do.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Ah, thanks for the tip, I'll do this again, however, I've done this before too, didn't help :(
With a brand new, fully optimized pc, I'm having all the same issues, plus when I launch the game from standalone client, it takes over 2 minutes to launch, if at all. No more GGG logo animation, it just *sometimes* launches. I have tried every single update and *fix* available, and still come back to the same issues.

I've been playing since alpha, and the the last two leagues have been the worst by far, and it's more than ten-fold.

There's dozens and dozens of posts about most of these issues and no interest whatsoever from GGG. I'm going to take a long break and play something else because I've had it. Good luck to you!
"
Furpict wrote:
Ah, thanks for the tip, I'll do this again, however, I've done this before too, didn't help :(

I did the rebuild as well, nothing changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info