All programs minimize while playing path of exile

Every few minutes all of my windows will minimize while playing (poe/Path of exile). I have tried playing many other games and mashing similar buttons that cause this issue to happen, but it only happens in Path of exile.

When I am pressing the werty and 345467 buttons and mouse buttons in the course of game play all of the windows including the game minimize. This issue only happens in windowed and windowed fullscreen mode. in fullscreen mode it minimizes all other windows but not path of exile.

I have done a clean boot, updated all of my drivers, and monitored my event viewer when this issue occurs. nothing has worked, and the event viewer never shows the same events happening at the time of the minimization.

Since this only happens when I am playing path of exile, it most likely is due to some issue with the game. This just started happening in the last 5 days.

Please help with this, I can play the game , but I'm a streamer and need to have other programs not minimize while in windowed mode.

Thanks!
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2024, 10:57:15 AM
I have been running a program which tracks which programs have focus and found that explorer.exe is randomly taking focus from Path of exile. I have yet to figure out why or how to fix this problem. will keep this thread updated as I troubleshoot.
I have done a full fresh install of windows and path of exile formatting my drive and this is still happening. At this point I'm considering it a bug as it only happens with path of exile.
I think I fixed this issue. Still unsure if it is a windows bug or a poe bug. I disabled the windows shortcut key by following step three on this link.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/disable-windows-key-shortcuts-hotkeys-in-windows-10/

I have been running maps for over an hour with no issues, but I will post again if things change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info