Game keeps crashing while loading into game or instance.

Hello, as the title states i've been having issues with PoE since getting a new pc.
loading into game or any instance pretty much either does or doesnt crash, i get no error the game just closes.
i've tried everything that i could think of but nothing so far has worked.
all my drivers are up to date my pc can easily handle this game so thats no issue either.
tried clearing cache data and config files.

so far nothing at all. getting sick and tired of it so was hoping if anyone had the same issues and found a fix (have also tried excluding PoE from my antivirus to no avail)

any and all assistance very welcome
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2024, 1:54:26 PM
"
jelleroos wrote:
Hello, as the title states i've been having issues with PoE since getting a new pc.
loading into game or any instance pretty much either does or doesnt crash, i get no error the game just closes.
i've tried everything that i could think of but nothing so far has worked.
all my drivers are up to date my pc can easily handle this game so thats no issue either.
tried clearing cache data and config files.

so far nothing at all. getting sick and tired of it so was hoping if anyone had the same issues and found a fix (have also tried excluding PoE from my antivirus to no avail)

any and all assistance very welcome

its not only you. many other with high end pc have the same issue. nothing you can do about it.
my build
i7 13700
rtx 4080
32gb

the game for me is dead. i even tried to format and it didn't help. so tbh, i think there is nothing you can since GGG is not even responding. if you find a solution some how i would like to know and try it myself.
Yea unless GGG responds/patches something the game is dead for me 100%. I crash everytime I try to load into town upon opening the game now, reformatted, updated drivers, rolled back, changed video settings, cleared cache, did everything humanly possible but the game simply does not work for me anymore.

I guess I'll try again next season, stupid...
SOLUTION: On another thread, I found that going into the BIOS and changing the CPU Core Ratio to 52 for all cores can fix crashes. I changed it, rebooted, and have not crashed a single time since.

Having the same issue. Game will run fine for a short period of time, then will suddenly crash when either:

1. Loading into any other zone
2. Someone loads into my hideout

Game will then crash to desktop on startup, or when trying to login to a character, or rarely right after I login to a character and try to zone into any new instance. This repeats for about 20-30 minutes until it finally lets me in until the next cycle of crashes.

I almost never receive an error on crash, the rare times I do its a weird error about a specific item or NPC expecting a value but seeing another.

I've tried just about everything, driver update, driver rollback, uninstall, reinstall, every graphic setting, etc.

I tested on my Macbook and had no crashes at all.

Specs:

i9-13700KF
RTX 4090
32gb RAM
Last edited by Steers on Apr 9, 2024, 10:23:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info