Petrified Blood (above "Low Life") + "Skills Cost no Mana"

This is about the interaction between above "Low Life" while using Petrified Blood and the "Skills Cost no Mana" effect (i.e. "Lavianga's Spirit" or "Vaal Clarity"). Not sure if even a bug, but surely seems unintuitive that skills still cost life even though their current mana cost is 0.
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 7:14:19 AM
the mod is wording "Skills Cost no Mana", but not "skill cost nothing"

So that if you have blood magic or related gem, which convert mana cost to cost life, of course it is not affected by the item mod, as it does not remove "life cost"

For the same logic , the flask never affect Reap
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
the mod is wording "Skills Cost no Mana", but not "skill cost nothing"

So that if you have blood magic or related gem, which convert mana cost to cost life, of course it is not affected by the item mod, as it does not remove "life cost"

For the same logic , the flask never affect Reap

Sure, this all sounds good, but in this case all the life cost is just additional to the mana cost, I'm not converting anything.
Petrified Blood: "Skills gain a base life cost equal to 40% of base mana cost..."

The gained base cost of an affected skill is measured in life, not in mana. At the time that skill's cost needs to be paid (when the skill is activated), that component of the cost is life (0.4 * base mana cost * relevant scalars), not mana. To affect the size of that life cost, you would need an active effect that scales life cost of skills. Or, you would need an active effect that specifically reduces the base mana (and/or base life) cost of skills...so if Lavianga's Spirit stated the equivalent of "Skills have a base mana cost of zero during effect", it should do what you expect it to do, by reducing the gained base life cost to 0.
Last edited by MoonPeace on Apr 14, 2024, 3:52:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info