Ember monsters no longer interacting with devoted mods in Ruthless?

So starting today it feels like certain Ember packs in Ruthless such as Meatsacks and Gemlings suddenly stopped benefitting entirely from devoted modifiers or something, and here is why I think so.

Firstly, I had a map with the highest density mob type swapped for Meatsacks which inherently drops dozens of items throughout the map (which is a lot for ruthless). I had something like 1800% increased rarity of items dropped on the strongest mob in the pack on the meatsacks, and yet, none of the maybe 100 items dropped was a even a rare item, they were all white and magic.

I thought this to be strange but not impossible if perhaps the meatsacks had a greatly reduced inherent rarity or something. What really made me think that something is off was when I did a map with gemlings.

Looking back at my previous uses of the gemling embers I have always gotten around 2-6 gems from just a campaign zone with a devoted quant mod on gemlings, not even killing that many of them. And just now, I did a map where I got probably hundreds of gemlings, all with close to the theoretical maximum juice in ruthless, they dropped literally 0 gems.

Being unlucky is one thing but this just seems to me to be statistically impossible, no? Heres a concrete example to put it more into perspective.

Previously I got:
4 gems from a few dozen gemlings at ~lvl50, ~400% quant with devoted mod
Just now I got:
0 gems from a hundreds of gemlings at lvl77, 840% quant with devoted mod

Has something bugged out while you were tuning the numbers for ruthless perhaps?

Heres a screenshot of hovering the lantern, showing the quant mod I had for the map with hundreds of Gemlings was definitely applied.
Last edited by Subcyro on Apr 5, 2024, 6:21:14 AM
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2024, 6:12:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info