game not registering damage (bug report id# 3,822,646,031)

post patch I've been noticing that whenever I hit a pack of monsters(usually does it with magic packs but sometimes whites) while using cyclone I can see my character applying vulnerability, and blind dozens of times only no damage is being done.

I have to stop channeling cyclone, leave the pack then start spinning again and reenter the pack in order for them to register the damage.

also on occasion my cyclone will start to stutter as if I'm constantly running out of mana, except that I'm using life tap so it's not like I'm running out of mana.

(3,822,646,031)
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2024, 7:24:23 AM
this is still going on, it feels like hitting a pack of monsters standing next to an invulnerability shrine and all of your ailments and on hit effects get calculated and applied but nothing happens and it drops your framerate to nearly zero.

usually it takes 3-5 seconds of standing in the middle of a pack of mobs while spinning for the damage to take effect and even then it doesn't happen all at once. normally, mob hp will drop to 1/2(ish) and then lag some more and then the monsters will all just fall over dead.

have tried restoring default game setting and messing with other graphical options to no effect. ill start out a map and the first couple packs die as normal then then rest of the map is unkillable.
tool tip randomly displays no damage no idea what's causing it.

I wouldn't have thought to look for this if not for someone else having this same issue, only to realize that their gloves were causing it.

In 3.24, they changed what the "Unholy Might" buff does. It used to get extra phys as chaos, but now converts phys to chaos as well as inflicting wither on hit. If you're using Brutality Support, this results in not being able to deal damage for the duration of the buff.

You have a Murderous Eye Jewel socketed with "3% chance to gain Unholy Might on Melee Kill".

OMG that fixed it!!!

I had no idea they even made that change or that that's what the interaction would be, I just figured it was a dead stat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info