(Bug#1,269,504,016) Minion UI at top of screen only shows 1 minion type at a time

Bug #1,269,504,016 (Stand alone client, All 3 renders have this issue, Windowed Fullscreen 1920x1200)
I've tried repairing my install and nothing changed.

Below images show what I mean, at first everything is spaced out just fine, but after a few kills it starts going funky. At the end it only shows one minion type at a time.

It should show (2) Holy Relics of Conviction, (1) Sentinel of Radiance, and (4) Sentinels of Purity. Relics are missing in this photo.
https://imgur.com/a/FBrTVYK

It should show (2) Holy Relics of Conviction, (1) Sentinel of Radiance, and (3) Sentinels of Purity. Relics and Sentinel of Radiance is missing.
https://imgur.com/a/Xhwmx64

At this point which minion shows is typically the last summoned minion assuming it's minion count was 0 before summoning. Re-summoning once the minion is out does not reorder what is shown.

EDIT: Clarified Relics of Conviction not the normal Holy Relic.
Last edited by Cantspel on Mar 31, 2024, 10:14:22 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 3:02:30 PM
Another report, and I have steps to reproduce! Also, a possibly-related, possibly-separate bug.

Imgur isn’t working for me right now, but I submitted a bug report* (4,107,470,679) with the bug clearly visible. I have Holy Relic, Carrion Golem, and 2 Spectres on screen, while only the Carrion Golem icon is shown.

Steps to Reproduce
  • Self-cast some minions (e.g. Holy Relic, Carrion Golem, and Spectres)
  • Trigger some more minions (e.g. Phantasm or Sentinel of Purity)
  • Expected Result: Add a new icon for the new, triggered summon. Actual Result: Replaces the left-most icon with the new minion, rather than adding a new icon.
  • Self-cast additional minions (that need a new icon)
  • Expected Result: Add a new icon for the new, self-cast minion. Actual Result Replaces the left-most icon with the new minion, rather than adding a new icon.

I could never† cause this bug with only self-cast minions. Triggered minions, however, cause it every time. However, as detailed above, once the bug has gotten started, self-cast minions start to trigger it as well. Eventually, you wind up with a single icon because minions dying removes an icon but summoning them again replaces an icon.

Once the bug has been triggered, it does not stop until you reload the character. If all minions die, and you resummon them from scratch, you’ll get a new icon on the first one summoned, but then each one after that just replaces that icon.

Maybe Related? Bug

Unlike the above bug, this one does not require triggered minions. I haven’t been able to replicate it, but I did submit a bug report with it clearly visible. (I forgot to actually take a screenshot of that, so I don’t have the bug report number.)

Steps to Reproduce (incomplete? inconsistent?)
  • Self-cast multiple types of minion (e.g. Holy Relic, Carrion Golem, Spectres)
  • Remove gem for one of the minions (not the left-most one?) so it dies, and then immediately replace the gem and re-summon it.
  • Expected Result: Icon for that minion disappears when the gem is removed, and then reappears when the minion is resummoned. Actual Result: (at least the one time) Resummoned minion replaces the left-most icon, and a space is left where its icon used to be.

So when this happened to me, I had (from left to right) icons for Carrion Golem, Holy Relic, and Spectres. I removed my Summon Holy Relic gem, put it back, and resummoned the Holy Relic. I ended up with a Holy Relic icon, an empty space, and the Spectres icon, with the Carrion Golem icon just gone.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to replicate this, so I don’t know exactly how this buggy state would interact with further actions (triggering minions, self-casting other minions, removing the gem again, etc.). I don’t actually remember exactly what I did immediately after or what the effects were.

* (well, 3 bug reports, actually, because I didn’t realize that I could type in a description alongside /bug, and then I didn’t realize /debug and /bug are the same thing)

† (treating these as two bugs and not just one bug)
Last edited by DragoonWraith on Apr 1, 2024, 1:43:46 PM
As of 4/8/2024 this bug is still on going.
And also as of April 11, 2024, after the 3.24.1 patch. Not terribly surprising since it wasn’t listed in the patch notes, but bumping for visibility. Definitely makes my life much harder than it should be.
I haven’t tested 3.24.2 yet, but that’s because just before 3.24.2 dropped, I discovered another piece of the puzzle here: with Summon Phantasm supporting Summon Holy Relic, I saw the bug. With Summon Phantasm supporting Kinetic Blast, I did not. I could swear I triggered it with Herald of Purity somehow, but I might have gotten things mixed up by the bug’s tendency to “infect” the game state once it’s gotten started.

So that’s something: maybe it’s minions triggering more minions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info