trading on xbox?

can someone please explain trading on xbox. i have no idea how to "list" one of my items, and every single trade offer ive submitted gets rejected, even when i'm offering exactly what the other person says they want
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 9:47:19 PM
In order to list an item for trade on the trade market (and/or the trade website), you need a Premium tab.

Do you have any premium tabs?

I don't know the keybinds on XBox, but there's a "public" setting on Premium tabs that can be accessed in the Tab settings (it's R3 on PS5).

Once a tab is public, then "clicking" on an item (X button on PS5) in that tab will let you set a price.

If you don't have any Premium tabs you can either buy some (as straight extra tabs) or upgrade existing tabs. Note that all "special" tabs like Currency, Maps, etc are Premium by default.

If you don't want to spend money on tabs, I'm afraid your only choice for trading is to either use the in-game Trade chat or to use 3rd party external tools (like a trade discord--since I don't play on XBox, I don't know where to point you for this).

As far as your offers getting rejected, there's a whole ton of reasons for it.

First, right now we're between leagues, so everyone is on Standard. Normally only a very small number of players play standard, and pricing in standard is very different from league pricing. This leads to a lot of items being listed for "wrong" prices, because they may have set the price during Affliction league, or, even worse, they may have set the price literal years ago when the item was "current" and now it's Legacy and much more valuable.

Next, there's pricefixers. If you're trying to buy Divination cards or other commonly pricefixed things, then all the cheapest listings will be from people who are actively trying to manipulate the market price. For example, let's suppose that a Headhunter belt is worth 128 divines (for easy math). In theory, this means a Doctor card should be 16 divines and a Nurse should be 2 Divines. However, there may be people listing Doctor cards for 10 Divines or even 8 or fewer. Despite listing them at those prices, they never sell them. So why did they list them like that? Because when someone else finds one and wants to sell it, they check the current market to find the price. They see the cheapest ones are 8-10 Div, so they set theirs at that price. Then the pricefixer buys it up for the too-low price. They often split this task across multiple accounts, and sometimes with several players coordinating.

So, if you always try to buy the cheapest ones of something, prepare to be rejected a lot.

Finally there's the possibility that something simply sold between the time when you made the offer and when it got rejected. If someone gets 5 offers on the same item, they have no choice but to reject 4 of them (I believe the system does the rejection automatically after some time if the seller doesn't do it manually).

There are other reasons for getting rejected too, but these were the most common ones to come to mind, provided you're offering the actual asking price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info