Game Crashes at the start or zones changing

Hello, I quit the Affliction League pretty early. After the announcement of 3.24 I wanted to log in again and now I either go directly to the login screen after the client tries to log in or if I come into the game and change the zone, the game crashes without any errors massages.

I have tried the following so far:

PackCheck executed, cache files deleted,
Completely reinstalled Windows, reinstalled the game, reinstalled all drivers, set compatibility mode to win8.

ingame settings changed: VSync turned off,
Engine multithreading switched off etc.

nothing works!!!!!

My PC Spec:
Intel I9 14900K
RTX 4090
64GB Ram

Thx for any help
Last edited by Shox2k on Mar 24, 2024, 3:38:09 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 5:58:27 AM
Nearly identical spec here, same card/processor. I am having same issue.

Drivers are updated.

My video card isn't even struggling at all, fans aren't even on, just game crashes when I try to log into a character. Sometimes happens 3x in a row, then it's fine for like an hour or two.

Then game just disappears, i have to reopen it, cycle starts again.
The great thing about it is that I've definitely spent over €2000 on mtx and I haven't even gotten an answer or suggested solution or anything from GGG.. and I still can't play the game (i have to use my old PC to play it)....... I like it.
(own reminder: don't spend any more money on this company)
Last edited by Shox2k on Apr 23, 2024, 1:54:40 PM
Exactly the same issue and specs for me save I'm on 128gb ram.

It has gotten to the point where I crash every login attempt at this point either as soon as it lands on main menu or shortly after logging in with character.

Spent plenty on MTX over the years and can't same thing not a single response from GGG.
I used to have crashes like that until i changed to DX12. Vulcan is ok as well but DX11 was making my game stutter when someone in Discord played soundboard noises, when a new episode of netflix loaded on other monitor, it would crash upon changing areas at times... finally i changed to DX12 and zero problems since. I hope you get your issue figured out... this latest patch is buggy so far.
"
I used to have crashes like that until i changed to DX12. Vulcan is ok as well but DX11 was making my game stutter when someone in Discord played soundboard noises, when a new episode of netflix loaded on other monitor, it would crash upon changing areas at times... finally i changed to DX12 and zero problems since. I hope you get your issue figured out... this latest patch is buggy so far."

as soon as i swap to DX12 the crashing gets even worse. Same specs as OP, been having this issue since i built my new pc in jan of this year. Affliction wasnt this bad, occasional crash, but since league launch its been horrendous. Trying to trade and going to a different hideout, fresh log in, play for anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hours without crashing then have a stream of 10 crashes trying to get back in and its fine again for 20 mins to 2 hours before it starts again.

Temps are fine on the GPU and CPU. Can only get decent gameplay on vulkan, dx11 and 12 are even worse.
So many people having similar issues with totally sufficient PC's makes me wonder why GGG hasn't even addressed.

Just had a new patch and same exact issues.
Did you check for errors in event viewer when POE crashed?
The fact that you bought MTX might be causing the crashes. MTX are crashing the game for tons of people right now. Towns, the heist area and trading has caused complete system locks at least once a session this league in my case. I can't tell you which ones tho because for me it happens either when i try to load into the room they're in, or before they've even rendered when they come in to my hideout.

Try taking off all your MTX and see if things are more stable.
Last edited by murdouken on Apr 25, 2024, 8:32:07 PM
"
TyrenSpo wrote:
Did you check for errors in event viewer when POE crashed?

there is nothing in event viewer XDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info