LLM GPT4 with deep insight into POE

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a POE specific chatGPT that you could use for build ideas? Tied into game data. Anything on POE Ninja and whatever else GGG could feed it.

Some use cases:

1) Hey ChatGPT, this upcoming league I'm looking for a very tanky bosser that at a minimum has good move speed. Hopefully at least average clear speed. Give me 6 suggestions that are a mix of meta and off meta. If possible, links to existing characters POE building. All should have beaten or could likely beat uber bosses.

2) What turned out to be the best league starters in the previous league? Rate them by average level when getting to red maps. The lower level the better, exclude group play.

3) What uniques had the largest increase in value in the first 3 weeks of previous league?

Could be tons of fun use cases here. I'm basically looking for a LLM with encyclopedic knowledge of the game that I can ask questions to. Maybe not the most social approach, but it could be cool and useful.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2024, 5:05:54 AM
wouldn't that cost like......a RIDICULOUS amount of money, just to do something that youtube and content creators already do for you?

The models themselves aren't free, and then you'd need to pay to have someone "teach it", and then you'd need to pay to have people test it, and then you'd need to pay to have people maintain it, and then you'd have to pay when people ultimately end up breaking it.......

Not only that, but you are asking for something that ultimately you should be having fun doing yourself in the first place....this is almost akin to asking GGG to create a "bot" that moves your character around and chooses the best farming locations for you.

Like...I get that this *seems* like an innocuous enough request and post...but to me, this is the single greatest problem with modern society and AI in general: folks totally unwilling to access their own creativity and knowledge-base and instead farming it out to robots to do ALL the thinking for you. And 99% of this information is freely available to you courtesy of REAL people.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 20, 2024, 2:09:06 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Not only that, but you are asking for something that ultimately you should be having fun doing yourself in the first place....this is almost akin to asking GGG to create a "bot" that moves your character around and chooses the best farming locations for you.

If items weren't so expensive and trade friction wasn't as annoying, I'd agree that it would be fun to come up with a build yourself. I tried doing that years ago when I was still newish to the game and ended up wasting a lot of currency on items that nobody wanted to buy. Never doing that again, I'm quite happy depending on build guides.

I don't think having an AI suggest builds for you isn't the same as making a bot to play the game for you. There's a huge difference.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I get the initial idea behind it but I'm strongly against any of this.

The entire appeal behind PoE besides the grinding aspect/loot is discovery and knowledge. The game is full of stuff to learn, fiddle around with and figure out at every corner from league mechanic optimization all the way to build puzzles, including crafting tricks and non-obvious interactions between items and skills with many of these things still unsolved or not being public knowledge. There's a good amount of players unironically playing PoB as if it was an actual game instead of a fancy calculator.

By adding "the solution" for everything, all of this disappears. There's no reason to test things, no reason to use creativity or innovation anymore. The puzzle is essentially solved because whatever your question might be, you have the answer.
AI is terrible at giving factual advice. There's no actual "intelligence" in ChatGPT and its kind, it's just a very fancy random number generator that will string words together for you in a way that sounds sensible, but could be super incorrect.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
AI is terrible at giving factual advice. There's no actual "intelligence" in ChatGPT and its kind, it's just a very fancy random number generator that will string words together for you in a way that sounds sensible, but could be super incorrect.

Pretty much this. If you rely on an algorithm that spews out random builds for you, you're in for a rude awakening when you find out it can barely clear white maps. AI cannot have the context necessary to make a build function.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 20, 2024, 3:40:28 PM
This wouldn't work for the exact same reason ChatGPT sucks for writing papers in school: the internet is full of misinformation, and bots are horrible at contextualizing the information they absorb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info