LMB

You know what makes a game bad and p2w?
Creating an artificial problem and selling a solution to it.
You know what removing the option of using LMB for instant skills does?
Creating an artificial problem and not even making money off of it.

I do have to wonder why using LMB to cast instant skills would be a problem. Is it because stance stancing creates a bad viewer experience? Then why add it back in with a support gem?

I think people are overreacting a little bit but their concerns about bone armour and focus are more than justified. Also the LMB removal comes accross as a big assymmetric QoL nerf for some builds with high socket pressure while being just fine for others. Automation potentially having increased CDR at 20/20 doesn't make up for that.

I think I see that you (GGG) tried to look out for how important sockets are to players with your empty socket theme this league, but the ability of some builds to leave some sockets empty doesn't speak for minion builds or cold DoT who have a much harder time doing that. This change will not kill those builds but rather make them use macros instead.

Suggestions (if there isn't more to be revealed that would change things up):
-Don't remove the ability to bind an instant skill to LMB
-Leave automation as it is, it looks like a nice gem to play around with. Maybe reduce the steep cost multiplier.
-Create a transfigured version of automation saying that it will attempt to reuse at the end of the primary duration of supported skill or while the effect with the primary duration is inactive. This way I can automate my blessing which would be really nice to have.
-If you do want to pull through with the mouse changes, consider creating transfigured versions of the instant skill gems with the suffix "of automation" that can be obtained via paying currency in some way shape or form (vendor gem+10 engineering orbs, I would like the flavour). Imo the reason why the flask changes were so successful is because you can just pay currency to get your QoL instead of crippling your sockets or losing a big chunk of DPS which this would also achieve.

To close this I wanna clarify that this is not coming from a place of anger or disappointment but deep confusion about what your goal is with this and why you decided to implement it the way you did.
For everyone who's reading this, please be patient with your last judgement until GGG reveals where they are going with this, but I do understand that selling an appearent downgrade in QoL as an upgrade comes across as distasteful
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2024, 5:23:38 PM
they decided to make one game for consoles and pc, the result is the downgrade of a formerly great pc game to the shittier inferior system.

step by step all the stuff that makes a good pc game will be gone, people saw that as soon aas they announced a console port.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
My problem with this change is that, we can just use instant skills on rmb and it will only trip up players who are used to movement on lmb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info