Modifiers of jewels need to buffed

Most of magic or rare jewels give us a trash modifiers.

Like Reducing mana cost for only 2-3% while notables on tree give us for 5 - 10%
Or Chance to block damage by 1% ARE YOU KIDDING ME? , my notables give me 3 - 6%

And what's what different between spending 1 passive to notable or jewel socket?

Sometime I had to waste my chaos or alteration for rolling these trashes.
Last edited by Redmyclan on Mar 19, 2024, 12:20:00 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2024, 12:54:14 PM
you realize thats just ONE mod of a jewel....which can have 4 AND an implicit?

That passive point that gives you 3% block chance.....doesn't also give you: 7% life, stats, resists, damage, crit, etc.

Or in the case of abyss jewels, you can get SIX mods plus implicits.

You also forget that you can get BOTH the notable and the jewel socket if you want...no one is stopping you. It's not an either/or thing.

So many problems in this post....
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 19, 2024, 12:25:17 AM
I have to agree with Red on the chance to block mods, they are just bad, even when considering the other mods a jewel may have with it. Even if you are a build just pathing to jewel sockets and had one specific block mod on every jewel you used, you still would end up with a rather insignificant amount of that block type.

Does anyone actually do that, actually invest in block via these mods? Does anyone even value the block mods and not view them as a dead mod on their jewels? That is what I would ask when considering whether or not they are adequately balanced.

Personally, as someone who has never used too many jewels in a single build, I've always felt the mods should roll 2-3%, maybe even 2-4%. Getting a good block roll on a jewel should feel good, not like wasted space. Right now even as a SSF player, if I were to get a block mod on a jewel with two, sometimes even three other good mods, I'd just vendor it or try to annul it. It would just be trash as is.
Last edited by D623932883 on Mar 19, 2024, 10:13:08 AM
^uh....yes. Before you get perfect block you use the jewels to round out the difference. Before getting a nicely corrupted shield, any "block" build I create is almost always 1 or 2% shy of perfect. And if you can spec OUT of a 3% node, for the tradeoff of having 3 1% jewels PLUS all the additional stats of a jewel....its just straight up better.
So you are saying you use 1% block jewels primarily to reach block cap before you can get it elsewhere... And that it's good specifically when there are three other good mods on the jewel? I would say that is kind of an indication that the mods aren't particularly great on their own then.

You think they are fine, okay, but I don't think the majority of players would share your enthusiasm to have those block mods over most other mods though, that's what I'm trying to get at. I think they are under-powered compared to other mods and could use a buff.
Last edited by D623932883 on Mar 19, 2024, 11:36:06 AM
"
D623932883 wrote:
So you are saying you use 1% block jewels primarily to reach block cap before you can get it elsewhere... And that it's good specifically when there are three other good mods on the jewel? I would say that is kind of an indication that the mods aren't particularly great on their own then.

You think they are fine, okay, but I don't think the majority of players would share your enthusiasm to have those block mods over most other mods though, that's what I'm trying to get at. I think they are under-powered compared to other mods and could use a buff.

the point normaly isnt that the "defensive" mods on jewels are weak,its that you simply want more dmg in endgame

jewels are just the easiest way to "change" from defensice mdos to offensive mods wihtout having to consider pathing on passive tree
jewels are really powerful.

i think something like block is probably fair, as has been said its 1 of 4 mods, so if you look at it as 1/4 of the strength of a node its actually fine. its the equiv of 4% block chance.

its just that many other mods on jewels are extremely strong when you look at them like this, so block seems relatively weak compared to how overall strong jewel mods are.

i think its ok, crit chance is another mod that is not great on jewels. if i see crit chance or block chance on a rare jewel to me its a bad mod even if you are a crit/block build, because of the opportunity cost of having that mod vs the other stats it can roll. it think thats fine, if there were no 'bad' mods then every jewel would be amazing. you do need better and worse stats in the pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info