Unable to go full screen with MacOS Monterey

Hi

Just upgraded to latest patch 3.23.2 on Mac Studio M2. MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1
The game starts fine (and runs fine) but whenever I try to go full screen, it get stuck in not responding.
I tried rebooting - no effect
I did not try reinstalling
Last edited by sophis37f26 on Mar 13, 2024, 12:08:18 PM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2024, 2:31:53 PM
I'm having the same problem on MacOS 12.6.2 on an M1 macbook pro
"
M2

Throw non Intel-Mac to the bin.....blame mac does not use Intel-AMD chip and code and false ad.

Why you expect there is a good performance when running Intel-AMD based code in emulation?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Mar 14, 2024, 7:00:08 AM
I can get it to play in windowed mode IF I do so before loading into a character. I have replicated this.

"
neohongkong wrote:
"
M2

Throw non Intel-Mac to the bin.....blame mac does not use Intel-AMD chip and code and false ad.

Why you expect there is a good performance when running Intel-AMD based code in emulation?

Not helpful my dude, kinda rude honestly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I am having the exact same issue as OP, and beyond. Windowed mode fine, any attempt to go fullscreen, either in-game options or hitting the fullscreen option in Mac OS' bar (green dot).

I have Sonoma 14.4. I am not sure if it happened before this; I updated my system yesterday, as another app was unable to install properly on a prior version.

I am on an M2, and run the game through Steam's launcher - I can't remember if standalone works on Mac, I suspect not since I used to on my PC, but switching to Mac I think borked it.

I just verified game files. Verifying game files in Steam did nothing to the character-loaded game windowed mode attempts.

Checking Console for crash reports does not show any for PoE or Steam. I do see a diagnostic for it, should I c/v any more info from it?

"
Command: PathOfExileClient
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/PathOfExileClient.app/Contents/MacOS/PathOfExileClient
Identifier: com.GGG.PathOfExile
Version: 1.0 (???)
Team ID: TJ6HQ3CPF2
Is First Party: No
Beta Identifier: D06B0B0B-1A8A-53B4-AC1A-5280CD84B847
Resource Coalition ID: 13119
Architecture: x86_64 (translated)
PID: 11368

Event: cpu usage
Action taken: none
CPU: 90 seconds cpu time over 156 seconds (58% cpu average), exceeding limit of 50% cpu over 180 seconds
CPU limit: 90s
Limit duration: 180s
CPU used: 90s
CPU duration: 156s
Duration: 155.90s
Duration Sampled: 152.44s
Steps: 192

Hardware model: Mac14,12
Active cpus: 10
HW page size: 16384
VM page size: 16384

Fan speed: 2672 rpm
OS Cryptex File Extents: 203
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Mar 18, 2024, 5:07:25 PM
Update on the status: it is possible to get full screen, it just requires to do it in the proper sequence
1 - start POE up to the login screen - do not click
2 - go full screen
3 - now log in
Last edited by sophis37f26 on Mar 21, 2024, 12:46:49 AM
"
sophis37f26 wrote:
Update on the status: it is possible to get full screen, it just requires to do it in the proper sequence
1 - start POE up to the login screen - do not click
2 - go full screen
3 - now log in

Yup. I probably could have been clearer

ETA: You can also maximize the window in the character selection screen, not just the first screen we see when we boot up our game :)
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Mar 21, 2024, 3:25:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info