Performance on PS5 is a joke

So i wanted to join the league kinda late, but after everything i heard i was kinda excited.
Performance was horrible right from the start. Low FPs, stuttering, loading times... Figured i might check my pc, since i didnt play in a year. Cleared up everything, updated drivers, still no improvement.
But okay, my PC is not the newest, although i never had any issues running at least 40fps even in the busiest situations and crowded maps.
Switching from EU to American servers made things even worse.
Still, maybe my PC is just getting old.
Downloaded the game on my PS5, started, stuttering and lags just the same way like on the PC.
So i guess I'm not coming back soon.
Last edited by cortez_1803 on Jan 27, 2024, 2:06:13 PM
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2024, 6:28:50 AM
ps5 is 1080p and 60fps. Devs do PoE on PS5 dirty.

I have a $3k pc, rtx 3080, oled 240hz monitor and I still play on series x. I wish I could play on my PS5 but Xbox is 4k 120fps.
Affliction league saw a performance decline on all platforms, it's been worse since they implemented the PoE2 particle system into PoE1.

I grinded hard for the 39/40 challenges for the first time and i can't even use the challenge reward armour on PS5 as the particle effects make my character turn into a 144p sprite.

I hear they have a few more console devs now, so hopefully things will start to look up a bit in the future.
No issues here. Over 2k hours on PS5 with no more issues than I have on PC. Sounds like an issue along your end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info