What happened to puzzle rooms?

Hello
I just had a question. Anyone remember when you could rescue a character while you where playing in dungeons or what not at random that took you to a puzzle room of sorts where you had to plan where you wanted to go and defeat really hard enemies and pick up powerful items? I can't seem to get back into these rooms or areas and I thought you could get back into these areas with the items being updated but has this been taken out? Or was this a fever dream? Also anyone know when you reach the mine someone had strange things to buy there with a different currency. Do you know how to get any of the currency? I couldn't seem to get any after the mission in there. Thanks guys.
Last edited by nobeac on Jan 24, 2024, 7:43:14 AM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2024, 11:55:17 AM
I believe you may be thinking of Alva's incursions or the Sanctum event. From your description I'm leaning towards Sanctum because it involves fighting very powerful enemies, but both involve puzzle-like mapping scenarios. If you remember going into a bunch of portals it was likely Alva's incursion events.

I'm honestly not sure about the mine currency unless you're thinking of Azurite, which is found in the Delve event. Azurite is used to buy things like chaos resonators from Niko. You can travel to Niko's Encampment after encountering him in Act 4, where you also get your first Sulphite deposits, and start delving from there. You'll use the Sulphite you've gathered in maps to power the crawler during the event and will need to choose Azurite nodes.
Last edited by Ohmnivore on Jan 24, 2024, 10:30:05 AM
Yes all that sounds right. it's been a while. so all these things were events? ok thanks man.
You'll inevitably run into all three of them running through Acts 4-10. Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info