2 FPS - Freeze Gameplay,

i am playing a Tornado Shot Build with a Headhunter and alot of times my fps just goes down to almost 0. i know my pc is old allready but not a single game runs as bad as poe does, in fact i can play cyberpunk on max setting with raytracing maxed out (no pathtracing) with 60 fps constantly at 1080p.
So how does poe justify this bad performance and basically showing me the middle finger that says "buy new cpu now"

my rig:
i7 5820k 3.3ghz x6
32ddram4 2400 mhz
gpu rx7900xtx

"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last edited by Wladicorist1 on Jan 31, 2024, 7:43:08 AM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 7:58:59 PM
i guess no developer is to be found here
they're all on reddit or the discord helping people in their "free" time...
Im here with you, 5600x 4060ti 32gb ddr4

from 100fps(locked) to 30 anytime in map, was ok when league started in about 20-25 december maybe that was patch idk but my performance never was bad.
"
ㅇIVORㅇ wrote:
Im here with you, 5600x 4060ti 32gb ddr4

from 100fps(locked) to 30 anytime in map, was ok when league started in about 20-25 december maybe that was patch idk but my performance never was bad.

jeesh on that system it should run perfectly on highest settings
i guess all the other graphical monsters this rig can run perfectly fine on max settings also
(cyberpunk etc.)
Cpu frame rate spikes guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

instal ImDisk and create 1gb ram disc named D

By default the shader cache is located in users/username/appdata/roaming/pathofexile and you mush delete it
The config file to change it is in documents/my games/pathofexile and is called production_config.ini

Under "GENERAL" you add a new line: cache_directory=D:\POEcache/

Internet and ping optimization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVuhK0lkFc

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Launch_options

use --nopreload --nosound -gc 2
Last edited by Mario9898 on Feb 3, 2024, 9:08:23 PM
"
Mario9898 wrote:
Cpu frame rate spikes guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

instal ImDisk and create 1gb ram disc named D

By default the shader cache is located in users/username/appdata/roaming/pathofexile and you mush delete it
The config file to change it is in documents/my games/pathofexile and is called production_config.ini

Under "GENERAL" you add a new line: cache_directory=D:\POEcache/

Internet and ping optimization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVuhK0lkFc

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Launch_options

use --nopreload --nosound -gc 2

The C-state "solution" in your first link is absolute garbage and should not be touched ever, unless you wanna actively try and suck the life out of your computer.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but your tip with ImDisk is a little...vague. Install ImDisk and create 1gb ram disc named...D???

I'm willing to give this one a try since the game is running like absolute dogpoop ever since GGG introduced their new particle system, and I'm having CONSTANT shadercache issues. Everything I do causes micro stutter or even several second long freezes. It's like the game is trying to compile the shaders, and after a while it does run smoother, BUT....Every single time I close the game and come back later, the next day or whenever, the entire process starts over. It's like the shaders are never saved. But not just that, my mid-ranged system never had any issues with these weird freezes and stutters before the particle update a couple months ago.

It is borderline unplayable, even after several patches and supposed "fixes" for shaderload and whatnot. The only reason I'm playing this league is because of the currently broken Pennance Brand skill in combination with a near-immortal build. If that wasn't a thing, I'd constantly die due to the freezes and stutters. It's an absolute pain, and I'm massively pissed off at the fact that this forum section is seeing ZERO help from GGG.
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
i am playing a Tornado Shot Build with a Headhunter and alot of times my fps just goes down to almost 0. i know my pc is old allready but not a single game runs as bad as poe does, in fact i can play cyberpunk on max setting with raytracing maxed out (no pathtracing) with 60 fps constantly at 1080p.
So how does poe justify this bad performance and basically showing me the middle finger that says "buy new cpu now"

my rig:
i7 5820k 3.3ghz x6
32ddram4 2400 mhz
gpu rx7900xtx

Issue if you buy a current high end gpu and keep a cpu that is 10 years old and outdated for todays games in a CPU demanding game (POE) you gonna get issues.

an am4 system with a 5700x3d/5800x3d or a whole new am5 with a 7800x3d is what you would want to pair that GPU 7900xtx with.

Cant blame GGG for this as this is a user issue buying things creating unbalanced hardware for the games demands.

I have a 7800x3d, 2tb ssd, play at 4k with a 6950xt and have no issues in dx12.
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

my rig:
i7 5820k 3.3ghz x6
32ddram4 2400 mhz
gpu rx7900xtx

Issue if you buy a current high end gpu and keep a cpu that is 10 years old and outdated for todays games in a CPU demanding game (POE) you gonna get issues.

an am4 system with a 5700x3d/5800x3d or a whole new am5 with a 7800x3d is what you would want to pair that GPU 7900xtx with.

Cant blame GGG for this as this is a user issue buying things creating unbalanced hardware for the games demands.

since im not a rich person and i have bills to pay i bought the gpu first and then was about to upgrade my cpu
so the game is cpu heavy then?

also one question, i had the 6950xt at first for a few months but i got greenscreen crashes like 20 times a day until i returned it to asus and told them to take a look into it. they couldnt repair or replace the gpu so they gave me the money back and i invested a little bit more and got the 7900xtx which runs very good and i didnt experienced any greenscreen crashes
if it runs fine for you then mine was probably faulty :D
I have been experiencing random freezing that shuts my whole system or logs me out and I have a fairly new pc with, 3060, AMD5600 and b550 motherboard plus 16Gb Ram, been playing POE without any issues since last year this has only started to occur in last couple weeks.
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

my rig:
i7 5820k 3.3ghz x6
32ddram4 2400 mhz
gpu rx7900xtx

Why POE requires so much CPU is out of me. Does the mobs have an advanced AI?
I have the CPU at 20% and the GPU at 50% after cleaning the map and in the hideout doing nothing with constant burns up to 100%, even if a put a resolution 1200px and shaders working at 1%.
Definitely, there is something broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info