Buff/Debuff Insight Not Allowed?

How is there not some way of viewing a tooltip/more info about current buffs and debuffs on console? I hate to do this comparison lol, but at least in Diablo IV, you can at least see a list of all active status effects in the character sidebar. This is a little more than just a "QoL" issue since PC players can easily just mouseover the status icon and see a tooltip. It's an advantage console players simply don't have access to (which is kinda important when trying to decipher what exactly killed you and how you can avoid it later). There doesn't seem to even be a decent 3rd-party tool/site where you can easily look up a specific status icon. The most I've seen so far are some barebones, incomplete HTML tables - missing icons, question marks - nothing reliable.

Again, this could be easily solved by simply adding a tab to the character screen (along with our offensive, defensive stats etc) where you can scroll thru any active status effects and view their details. And if you wanna do it even better than D4 - try adding a filter/the ability to see a very brief "Status History" showing any expired statuses that had affected you within the last 5min or so (as there are many that would be expired before having the chance to even open the character screen and navigate to said filter/ability). Shouldn't require literally writing your own program just to analyze damage input/output for a given encounter.

They want us to have fun and experiment with different combinations of skills, gear, etc? Great! I love that; that sounds awesome - but at least give us the most basic of feedback to make it easier to tinker and crunch some quick numbers. I don't know, it might even... encourage people to potter around more with the myriad of options available to us? Almost sounds like something worth striving for in a game that lauds itself on its deep, customization options. So deep we looped right back around to where we started and can't even see at least a log of what kinda damage you're outputting to a specific mob. Feel like this used to be a low, basic standard for any game revolved around build-crafting and maximizing DPS, damage reduction, etc. Not sure when developers suddenly decided the mere option useless enough to ditch - but this ain't it, dawg.
Last edited by NoodleNapperX on Jan 6, 2024, 8:20:42 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2024, 8:10:55 AM
Found this by searching for a way to do so. Sad its not currently possible, but really would be a simple implementation...
sadly even in PC, noone have time to mouseover, as you will die from not focusing on the monsters themselves

Some time ago I already made a thread that the UI should have "always on" option for the name of debuff and buff, especially the dev recycle some graphic icons of the debuffs

When you have name , you can then search it in third party site such as wiki or poedb, or the devs should made a in-game encyclopedia that when you type the name of the debuff in the index of the encyclopedia , it displays the debuff description text.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info