Insanely high RAM usage and CPU spikes

This is the first league I'm having performance issues, always have had these settings and never had issues before this league.

My specs below

Path of Exile has always been installed on a SATA III SSD.
16GB RAM DDR4
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
CPU - i7 8700
Game Settings - DX12 / V-Sync OFF / Triple Buffering DISABLED / Triliniar Filtering / Dynamic Culling, Resolution and Engine Multithreading are all enabled, anything else is on the lowest setting possible.

This is my memory usage after literally booting up the login screen.

This is after I load into Karui Shores.

This is after I boot up a white T15 Mesa since I'm currently rushing guardians with Destructive Play. I only went inside of the map and taken no action.

This is after I went out of the map after doing the guardian.

What I noticed like 3 or 4 times during the guardian fight - my CPU spiking to 100% for a few seconds

During these times, my CPU also spikes to around 80 degrees, otherwise it's around 50 to 60. Only occurs when the usage goes to 100% randomly for unknown reasons.

So am I confident anymore to have anything that isn't only Path of Exile open whilst playing? NO

Can't afford to have a browser open or anything since my RAM is already halfway cut only from PoE without counting OS etc., I am playing on literal 80% usage, goes in the 90s or higher with anything else open.

Reminder that these issues were not here until a few days ago or in the past leagues either!

Fixes I've tried:

Changing renderer - no difference

Clean uninstalling - Deleting everything PoE related including AppData folder - no use, this would elevate my game's performance in the past.

I am considering upgrading to 32GB of RAM in the following week but that still doesn't explain the CPU spikes and why it all went downhill all of a sudden with no change whatsoever to my PC

Also when I finally decided to make a post this is a happy case since I have seen the RAM usage spike to 8.5 GB at times before
Last edited by gpabuser on Jan 2, 2024, 8:56:59 PM
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2024, 9:12:30 PM
I have this same, exact issue. RAM peaking it's maximum, CPU spiking, the whole shebang. Been like this since the start of the league, and I'm not willing to risk crashes or whatnot just to see how long I can play the game with my RAM nearing 98-99% used on just PoE.

16GB RAM
i7 10700
2070 SUPER
SSD

It's just weird, as it wasn't like this last league...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info