New Player, can't beat first boss - performance issues.

Hello, I am a new player with around +40 Hours of gameplay which has far surpassed the enjoyment received from playing other ARPG's & MMO's of which I have tens of thousands of hours in. I really enjoy the depth and complexity of the game which adds a lot of value to the content I am currently partaking in.

But before I list the issues here is a list of the specs I am currently running;

TUF Gaming System Model
AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
NVDIA GeForce RTX 2060
16.0 GB of Ram w/ 64 Bit-based Processor
120Hz Main Monitor

PoE Location resides on the core SSD, I have performance boosted the hardware and software to it's limits to try and help the CPU clock into overdrive to compensate for the lack of refresh rates, moved to the other end of the scale and ran everything on the lowest possible settings to use the least amount of power possible. Adjusted to the internal settings for PoE client several times, uninstalled the game and reinstalled incase of bad path finding for files, clearing internal caches files. Changed so many configurations within Windows, all drivers have been updated. Scoured forums, chats, discords in the hope that someone, somewhere has an answer that would help fix the problem.

The system I am using is more than adequate for performance gaming & has been able to cope with games that require far more CPU processing and handle it like a breeze. But at this point, the game is unplayable. FPS Stutters, Shader spikes, frame rate drops & +60-180 second loading screens.

I want to continue playing this game as for the simple fact that I have fun playing the game & even more than that, it appears that the development team care about the community and the game that they are creating - there is a lack of that in our global community and it is something that I can see is drawing players alike.

But the development team needs to make a statement on the performance issues the game has been having since the last performance update. Hundreds if not thousands of others are struggling with processing a 10 year old game.

If anyone has anything that could help to I would take any help possible.

Cheers.

Last bumped on Jan 2, 2024, 3:35:15 PM
your cpu is too slow, I upgraded mine and now I have 1-3 sec load times from 2-4 minutes
"
visualize wrote:
your cpu is too slow, I upgraded mine and now I have 1-3 sec load times from 2-4 minutes

Yeah wow, that's a laptop cpu from 5 years ago but preforms worse than a desktop cpu from a decade ago. OP will definitely see a huge improvement with even a modest modern system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info