Crit chance with destructive link

Hi,

I'm considering trying the new AG of smiting with Destructive link for better crit chance.
However, when dealing with PoB and after ticking the "linked with minions" option, I noticed that the *final* AG's crit chance is equal to player's main hand *base* crit chance. Now, the questions:

1) Is PoB right and destructive link a total crap ? (doubt it) Is there something to do that I missed to check in PoB ?

2) If not, am I right believing that destructive link modifies final crit chance, and not base crit, so I should invest in player crit chance (spirit offering + effect of offering on you, player's power charges etc) and not minion crit chance, only minion crit multi ?

3) Has player accuracy any importance, as it lowers chances to actually crit, but not the printed crit chance ?

Thanks for your answers !
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2024, 3:42:58 AM
I've never played any link skill, but the line "While linked, they use your main hand critical strike chance" is very specific. Whatever your main hand crit chance is, it overwrites the linked target's crit chance. Otherwise there would be "addition" or "added to" or something of the link to indicate as much.

I am guessing this is also your weapon's base crit chance and not affected by your global modifiers.
"
Aldonés wrote:
I am guessing this is also your weapon's base crit chance and not affected by your global modifiers.

This is what I don't understand. Wording specifies "main hand crit chance", and not "weapon's base crit chance" such as with Mataa's Teachings, so I would've assumed it would take the valu you can see on your character's sheet when you look at your basic attack stats.

It makes no sense to me that "Linked target's Main Hand Critical Strike Chance is equal to yours" would have "main hand crit chance" mean two different things in the very same sentence.
Wording may be confusing, but it works on total (meaning including local modifiers) crit chance of the weapon in your main hand. For example, equipping trypanon will set linked targets chc to 100%
Last edited by Echothesis on Jan 1, 2024, 4:13:23 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:
Wording may be confusing, but it works on total (meaning including local modifiers) crit chance of the weapon in your main hand. For example, equipping trypanon will set linked targets chc to 100%

So "Linked target's Main Hand Critical Strike Chance is equal to yours" is supposed to mean "Linked target's crit strike chance is set to your main hand weapon's base critical strike chance" ? If so, the wording is not confusing, but false.

And it also means the final crit chance can't be scaled with either target's increased crit chance or my own crit chance ? Making his gem trash except with Trypanon ?
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

So "Linked target's Main Hand Critical Strike Chance is equal to yours" is supposed to mean "Linked target's crit strike chance is set to your main hand weapon's base critical strike chance" ? If so, the wording is not confusing, but false.

And it also means the final crit chance can't be scaled with either target's increased crit chance or my own crit chance ? Making his gem trash except with Trypanon ?

No, what link does is replacing target's main hand total local weapon chc with yours. After that, any global crit modifiers target may have will apply to that weapon as usual. This also means link won't boost spells by default, unless target has "spell chc is equal to weapon chc" modifier (forgot where it can be found)
OK, this makes much more sense.

If I use a 9.66% crit convoking wand (base 7 + 38% increased crit chance local mode), the AG will use this as base crit chance, and then scale it with its own global chances to crit, such as spirit offering or its own power charges. Just the same as Maata's teaching ?

Last question, is there a way for this to work properly in PoB ?
Unfortunately I don't possess reliable test data on minions, because cannot see their stats. Tried using destructive link on carrion golems once, didn't notice any difference in combat (without trypanon)
Thanks for your answers !

If anyone experienced destructive link with minions (not using trypanon), you're welcome to share it !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info