Constant game crashes

I have started playing this league two days ago. The game is crashing and closing to windows so much that I am still struggling to finish the campaign...

My pc is not a gaming pc but I used to play poe with it without big issues.

i7-11370H
16GB RAM
SSD
Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Since some point during last league, I had to stop using Vulkan, the best renderer for my pc, because it appears to not work anymore.
I played most of the last league with DirectX 11 and it was in general fine, I had sometimes crashes but nothing too bad.

Since this league, DirectX 11 is not working at all for me, I keep getting crashes and huge fps drops due to CPU/GPU over usage.

Today I decided to swap to DirectX 12. The game is very fluid and fps drops do not happen anymore. Crashes are still here though and there are several glitches and bugs I would say (?), like the game sometimes showing me the entire map layout without me exploring it first.

The situation has become insufferable, the game probably crashed at least 10 times in the last 30 minutes. It always crashes when taking a newly open portal and less often while moving in the maps. If I reopen the game right after a crash a new one can happen both in character selection and in town.

For more context my settings are either on Default or in a lower setting.

Vulkan crash error

CPU usage with DirectX 11

DirectX 12 Map Bug + glitch on dropped ring and on flask

DirectX 12 Glitch on equipped and inventory items

I really hope there is a way to fix this so that I can go back to enjoy the game.
Thank you for you help.

All I want for Christmas is... playing path of exile c:
Last edited by Ahlia_sama on Dec 22, 2023, 5:53:41 PM
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 5:51:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info