Cyclone CoC Setup not firing spells from the player

Hi,

this has been bothering me for a while now, since it feels weird to play maps with Skills that can miss enemies they shouldn't miss or hit delayed because they are coming all the way from Narnia towards the crit location.

Basically when CoC triggers from Cyclone (could also be an issue with other Attack sources but i haven't tested those), Purifying Flame gets cast towards the spot the crit occurred in. In the linked video below you can see how that can become a problem in several maps that have corridors. It can easily kill you if you're relying on Spell Leech aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-RG5qTeE8

This Spell Displacement, as i called it not only happens with Purifying Flame, but with:
-Ethereal Knives
-Freezing Pulse
-Ball Lightning
-Essence Drain
-Eye of Winter
in a less noticeable version.
With these Skills if you stand on a corner or at a wall, a Spell can hit the wall instead of an Enemy because it wasn't cast from the Players location.

I also tested, but am unsure if it displaces the Skill with Soulrend, aswell as Vortex.

I get that there is no specific mention of Skills being Cast "from the player" and that the Skills are just "Triggered" by Cast on Crit, but every Spell i listed, except Vortex, is being Cast by the Player from the Players location in their Original form, aswell as Cast on Critical Strike implying that the Player is Casting the Spell themselves.

Below is some Gameplay Footage of me running a random T16 map. you can see the displacement very clearly in most parts and at 0:55, at 1:16, aswell as at 1:50 how the Spell is hitting the wall instead of the enemy i am attacking. To be fair, i deliberately hugged walls to demonstrate this but it still happens very very often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVJhREIAFw

Fixing this bug, aka making the Spells i listed be cast from the Player when triggered by Cyclone, would be a great QoL change.
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 9:43:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info