INSANE CPU usage and game unplayable on 3.23?

So, basically title. Anyone else having a really hard time with this patch? I never had performance problems in poe, now my game just freeze/0fps/crash ALL THE FKING TIME.

Even on act1. CPU "ms" its there with 13ms.. 15ms.. and then 593895834ms.. and game freeze/0fps.

It seems the game is using x3 or x4 MORE what it should be using of my CPU. Its just burning it

whats going on? Can anyone help me?

I am using a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2023, 11:26:40 AM
I've been having a lot of issues with this patch as well. Never had any issues in previous leagues. Completely reinstalled, cleared cache, and turned everything to minimum settings and I still get microstutter and the occasional 1-2 second freeze. (The cpu usage is "bouncing" between 4-15ms constantly)

Another thing I've noticed is the dynamic resolution will switch constantly while fighting larger groups of enemies in the Wildwood. It never changed the resolution in past leagues either.

i7-4790k @ 4Ghz
GTX 1080
32 GB Ram
2TB SSD
Same problem. Unplayable.
Last edited by 1nvertus on Dec 10, 2023, 4:32:17 AM
It is really sad that I can't play this league.

The performance is just so terrible and im getting constantly freeze/0fps even on act1.

I wonder why a 10 year old game have such a bad performance. Good game, so bad it doest work.

Any GGG staff member can help us?

This will be the first time in 8 years ( play poe since 2016 ) that I am quitting a league because the game just doesnt work. My PC still the same tho. No problems in other games.

So sad.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Hello, same issue here.

High usage of CPU jumping to 100% + high temps on it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz
16 GB RAM (no issue with RAM so far)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (no issue with GPU so far)

Issues I ran into:

Long loading screens,
Sudden FPS drops / client freezes (sometimes client even crashes),

both while having high usage of CPU and high temps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did fresh OS reinstallation and hardware cleaning. No change.

Thnx for help
Last edited by Sarviel on Dec 16, 2023, 4:43:05 PM
quick update: I believe I fixed the whole damn game. After 1 week of test, install, reinstall, delete folder, install driver, reinstall driver, etc etc etc

I noticed, yesterday, after someone say "just downscale the game" that THE DOWNSCALE FEATURE WAS NOT WORKING. For some reason, 3.23 patch broked the downscale thing here in my computer.

This means that my poe was not downscaling textures if needed, what makes the whole game freeze/0fps all the time. It seems this is a MUST feature to run poe even on top machines.

Solution? I dont know exactly, but I unistalled completed path of exile AND MORE IMPORTANT I DELETED MY cliente folder on c:/users FOR COMPLETELY (it had like 15gb trash of old files that probably was corrupting the game i dunno).

Fresh game, fresh start, fresh user.

Wala, the Downscale feature is working again. I set it up to fixed in 50fps.

Game is running soooooooo much better now. Hope it helps someone around.

gg cya ^^
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Dec 16, 2023, 6:35:15 PM
Lucass what exactly did you delete from /users?
I'm curious to hear about what you did, as well. Been having CPU usage and Memory spiking up to the maximum since the first patch of the league...
"
iznogoudiza wrote:
Lucass what exactly did you delete from /users?

The entire folder. Let the game create a new one.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
DarkenX wrote:
I'm curious to hear about what you did, as well. Been having CPU usage and Memory spiking up to the maximum since the first patch of the league...

Well, I don't know exactly what I did because I DID EVERYTHING lol

Reinstalled game, GPU drivers, etc etc.

But, as soon as I deleted my users/folder it seems the game started to run a lot better.

My 1c bet is that there was some corrupted files on this folders and when the game created new ones things went better. But honestly, I dont know.

Path of exile is a very complicated game when we talk about performance.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Dec 27, 2023, 6:21:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info