Huge latency issues /Repost from Gameplay Help and Discussion

Hi, could you please help with my latency issues?

Today, after a few years break, I've tried to turn on POE and play again. I bought a new PC and haven't played POE on it yet.

The latency in the city is ok - stable 25, in zones outside the city it is astronomical between 200- to a tens of thousands (only sky is the limit I guess :D).

First I had the game on steam, tried all the different European servers, then verified the file to see if poe is installed correctly - nothing helped.

I uninstalled the game from steam and downloaded a new one directly through the POE launcher, the problem still persists.

My specs (not sure if this is relevant):
CPU 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
GPU RTX 4090
MB Aorus Tachyon z790
Ram 48.0 GB
SSD 1TB 990 PRO
Internet speed DOWNLOAD 903.94 Mbps 903.94/ UPLOAD 194.00 Mbps

Something is obviously very wrong, but I don't know what the problem could be as I have a fresh installation of the game and no other game or application is causing me similar problems.

Thank you for any help and suggestion
Last edited by Hesparian on Dec 9, 2023, 6:54:08 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2023, 8:19:52 PM
"
Hesparian wrote:
Hi, could you please help with my latency issues?

Today, after a few years break, I've tried to turn on POE and play again. I bought a new PC and haven't played POE on it yet.

The latency in the city is ok - stable 25, in zones outside the city it is astronomical between 200- to a tens of thousands (only sky is the limit I guess :D).

First I had the game on steam, tried all the different European servers, then verified the file to see if poe is installed correctly - nothing helped.

I uninstalled the game from steam and downloaded a new one directly through the POE launcher, the problem still persists.

My specs (not sure if this is relevant):
CPU 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
GPU RTX 4090
MB Aorus Tachyon z790
Ram 48.0 GB
SSD 1TB 990 PRO
Internet speed DOWNLOAD 903.94 Mbps 903.94/ UPLOAD 194.00 Mbps

Something is obviously very wrong, but I don't know what the problem could be as I have a fresh installation of the game and no other game or application is causing me similar problems.

Thank you for any help and suggestion

If you're seeing significant differences in latency between instances, you'll need to run a trace against both good and bad instances and post the output here. See MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer for directions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info