Game reverts from vulkan to dx11

I have set the renderer to vulkan in options and restarted, but according to rivatuner the game is opening up in dx11. (The options stay as vulkan)
I have checked the logfile and it seems to go through all the vulkan stuff without error.
If I set it to dx12 it runs correctly in dx12.

This is a problem with path of exile as other games start up fine in vulkan.

If I set the vulkan/opengl present method in 3d settings to prefer native there is no indication from rivatuner what renderer it is using. The on screen display doesnt start up. (not sure if this setting has anything to do with the issue)

I am running a 4080 with the latest nvidia drivers.

Since dx12 is running perfectly this is not a major problem for me, but it is an indication that something is not quite right in the way the program is handling graphics.

I have posted a link to a client file with a single run of the program set to vulkan using the "prefer layered on dxgu swapchin" option. (since this is where i am sure it is reverting to dx11)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LovUIa7tNnmsRf0XPbLBqrqZv61R-WB/view?usp=sharing
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2023, 7:43:22 AM
So it appears that the problem was with msi afterburner/rivatuner.
I downloaded the latest afterburner (just went out of beta today) and it correctly displays as vulkan with both present modes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info