Why does console start 4hrs later in the day?

I understand how overwhelming it could be launching PC and console in the same day. Also, the need to potentially fix bugs or issues so we start 5 days later. I'm just curious as to why it's 5 days and 4hrs later? I could get so much further with those extra 4hrs.
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2023, 2:24:00 PM
Lol yea it’s a bit annoying. I gotta go to work like 4 hours after start so I only get to act 7 or so. If it was at the same time I’d at least get to maps lol.
No matter what time of day it starts, it's bad for someone. There are some people out there for whom the scheduled console start time is absolutely perfect.

However, I think the console league start times are probably based on something other than the timezone distribution of the playerbase.

Probably based on the GGG workday, or the patch submission/approval schedule for Sony and Microsoft, or something along those lines.
Even better would be if it was a week later on a friday, as I guee many ppl like me have the weekend off and easier to play a lot in a weekend...
This was asked in the poe console discord recently, it comes down to having the right staff on deck at the time.

"PC was 8am on saturday. There is a specific team that comes in to handle in overtime.
Console launches during regular work hours so that we have the full team in to solve issues if needed."
"
t-H-3_d-O-u-G wrote:
This was asked in the poe console discord recently, it comes down to having the right staff on deck at the time.

"PC was 8am on saturday. There is a specific team that comes in to handle in overtime.
Console launches during regular work hours so that we have the full team in to solve issues if needed."

Thanks for the quote. Unfortunate for those of us who happen to be located in Europe, where a midnight launch is pretty much the worst possible time really.

The breakneck try-hard racers will almost be level 100 before I get to land on the beach :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info