624777720 Cortex bug on zone out after killing Venarius

I just finished an Uber Cortex and had to jump out to make two trades.

I jumped back in and was greeted by an empty room. No boss (I mean, he's dead so that's cool), no loot (not cool) and no way to leave the room to return to the rest of the instance (also not cool).

So now what?

Last edited by GrumpyBingo on Sep 27, 2023, 9:48:20 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2023, 10:50:04 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Oh I also can confirm I didn't get my Cortex completion for my Feared lap. So that needs to be fixed too please.

I'll just afk in the instance and let me know when fixed. Thanks.
If you aren't in the instance when loot is dropped you don't get any credit. This is intended.
Okay, that's fine, whatever I'll run another for that. But no loot dropped and no portal so either way still an issue? Surely that's not an intended behaviour.
I mean, I'm not exaggerating when I say that the room is empty. No way in or out, no swirly thing in the centre, no boss, no loot, nothing.
The portal not being there is a bug. No loot and completion is intended.
Okay after looking through prior posts a bit more it looks like you're right, the portal is a different bug.

Though I would strongly suggest no loot / completion is a bug, just a known and unresolved one. Bad design qualifies as a bug (and actually generates a lot of bugs too) - no getting off the hook for that one!
Its a fix for a very old exploit thats nots even in the game anymore. It would be nice if they changed it I agree but this behavior has been around for so long and I have never seen an actual dev post address so I assume its here to stay.

The way to avoid this is to stay dead in the instance until loot drops if you die after killing any boss or finishing any encounter. Or dont leave the instance when loot is supposed to drop.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Sep 27, 2023, 10:52:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info