Controller Support and Keyboard & Mouse Button Allocations are Tied Together

Hey GGG!

I hope things are going well.

I don't know the proper terms to describe this issue, so bare with me.

I primarily play PC with a controller. Obviously, I have certain buttons that I prefer certain skills to be allocated to. If/when I switch to Keyboard and Mouse, the buttons aren't where I want them, so I allocate each skill to the preferred button. If I swap back to Controller Support, all of my button allocations are in the wrong place. They aren't where I allocated them when I was originally using Controller Support. If I then, in controller mode, allocate the skills to their appropriate buttons again, then swap back to keyboard and mouse, the skill allocations aren't where I left them when I was using keyboard and mouse.

Does that make sense? Allocating my skills to certain buttons doesn't save based on the controller method I chose to use. I can't play both conveniently.

Not only that, if you use the situation that I used above, the button allocations are always tied to the same buttons. So when I swap my input method, skills are always "screwed up" to the same buttons. As an example, I like the instant skill Bone Armour on "X" (Xbox controller). I like Summon Skeletons on "Y" and Vaal Skeletons on "B". Everytime I swap to K&M, Bone Armour is on "right click", Summon Skeletons is on "Q", and Vaal Skeletons is on "Spc". And it's the same vice versa. EVERY time I allocate buttons on controller, it allocates them to specific K&M buttons.

So as the title says, the button allocations between both input methods are tied together.

The reproduction rate is 100% for me.

There is one glitch that happens with this sometimes that I can't always recreate. Sometimes, the Default Attack skill pops out out of nowhere on "left click" or "A" (Xbox).

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll do what I can to explain it better.

Thanks for your time!

Wrecker
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2023, 6:38:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info