Cyclone stuttering when transitioning to moving on PC while using controller

I decided to try out my CoC FR build using a controller tonight and I ran into a weird issue that I verified is not build related.

Using keyboard and mouse, I can hold down left click to be moving my character, and then start cycloning by holding down Q. When I let go of Q to start moving fast again, my character fluidly goes from the cyclone animation to running.

Using the same character, on two different controllers, I can start moving by holding the left stick in the direction I want to go and then I hold down A to start cycloning. As soon as I let go of A to start running again, my character has a brief stutter as it goes from cyclone to running.

Is this a known issue with controller on PC? I've seen people cyclone on consoles with no stutter after they stop cycloning and go to moving.

I've also verified that it isn't a stick drift issue through the windows input properties, but just incase I set a massive deadzone to eliminate that as in the issue in game, and still the same stutter.
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2024, 5:34:18 AM
As another point, I tested the same situation on my whispering ice build that uses the 150% base movement speed boots. With keyboard and mouse, cyclone and movement are the same speed as expected, with no delay or pause between cyclone and walking.

With the controller, I have the same issue of once I stop cycloning, my character pauses for a second before moving in the same direction even with the same movement speed of cyclone/run.
Hi, I have the same problem. It makes cycloning on controller feel really bad. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info