Really proud of this Cospri's Malice craft

Here's the result of a weeks-long project that I worked on together with my guildmate Casual_Cannibal. We finally managed to complete the craft today (at least up to Divining it better).

The project started with the observation that there are certain Crucible nodes that can roll on Cospri's Malice but which are unavailable on normal one-handed swords; in particular, the T1 and T5 nodes that we have are spellcaster nodes and therefore cannot be rolled on non-spellcaster items. However, Cospri's has a special internal tag that does allow these mods to spawn.

The issue, of course, is that crafting directly with uniques is difficult, since they cannot be imprinted and so crafting the Crucible tree largely comes down to RNG and lots of luck. So, the below outlines the steps that it took to complete the craft:

Step 1) Acquire multiple Cospri's whose Crucible trees had the T1 node that we wanted (about 2-5 div each) or the T5 node that we wanted (about 60-90 div each).

Step 2) Vaal these Cospri's in the hope that they brick into a rare. If this fails, attempt to transfer the Crucible tree onto a clean (non-corrupted) Cospri's. Once the Cospri's turns rare, attempt to transfer the desired node onto a regular non-corrupted one-handed sword.

Step 2.5) Lose several hundred divines in the above process.

Step 3) Buy a Jewelled Foil base that has the T4 Rampage node on it (slightly under a mirror in cost when we bought it).

Step 4) Craft the tree using regular beast-imprint crafting starting from the Rampage base. Buy almost all the Unwavering Stance nodes and Cooldown Recovery nodes (in the correct tree position anyway) that are available on the market. This took another several hundred divines worth of node bases, split & imprint beasts, and expensive remnants.

Step 5) Once done, split the base item, add the influences, and Chance/Scour into Cospri's Malice. I got suuuper lucky and managed to hit the unique in slightly over 1.5k attempts; from what I've seen that's around 5-10% of the expected cost.

All told we estimate that the craft took around 3 mirrors worth of currency, and the entire project took around 3 weeks from start to finish. Massive thanks go out to Casual_Cannibal for bankrolling the vast majority of this; I'd never have been able to complete the craft without him. Also, I'm super glad that it's finally done; it's really intended for my Standard character but I'm re-rolling to take it for a spin this league.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2023, 12:14:08 PM
Yeah pretty sweet that is.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
nice. Gtz man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info