SSL connect error

https://i.imgur.com/WsrbRNV.png

And don't suggest a VPN.
Pff, who even plays Standard?
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2023, 6:58:24 AM
First thing to try is a full reset of your modem/router. This is a connection error/issue. If that doesn't help, then it might be worth contacting your ISP.

In the meantime, have you made any changes in regards to security software on your PC?

😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on May 24, 2023, 8:09:39 AM
"
xjjanie wrote:
First thing to try is a full reset of your modem/router. This is a connection error/issue. If that doesn't help, then it might be worth contacting your ISP.

In the meantime, have you made any changes in regards to security software on your PC?

It's an issue on either GGG side or somewhere on the way, I'm not the only one facing this, I see a lot of people on Discord having the same error.

Maybe I posted this on the wrong section?
Pff, who even plays Standard?
Last edited by ZarkBit on May 24, 2023, 8:11:34 AM
Wherever you posted you would get the same answers.

"A lot of people on Discord" - which ISPs are involved? There are known issues with some ISPs in certain geographical areas.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on May 24, 2023, 8:17:48 AM
I also ran into this.

The cause seems to be that the PoE client attempts to get its patches from map2.hwcdn.net despite logging that it went to patch.poecdn.com.

Certificate lookup for patch.poecdn.com seems fine.

Certificate lookup for hwcdn.net fails miserably because the certificate is only valid for *.ssl.hwcdn.net, which doesn't match map2.hwcdn.net at all.

Short version is that either the game has to be reconfigured to actually look for patches at patch.poecdn.com (like it claims to) OR the hwcdn guys need to move the PoE patches to map2.ssl.hwcdn.net.
Same issue, anyone found a workaround?

<edit> After reading some more posts, allowing lsass.exe access to internet port 80 before starting poe did the trick
Last edited by zorg_owns_you on Jul 29, 2023, 5:22:14 AM
"
zorg_owns_you wrote:

<edit> After reading some more posts, allowing lsass.exe access to internet port 80 before starting poe did the trick

Cheers mate. You saved me.
"
xodrul wrote:
"
zorg_owns_you wrote:

Cheers mate. You saved me.

Someone know how do it? I have same issue and wanna try this
Yo,

in my case updating the certificates has worked, win7 64 here.

by using
certutil.exe -generateSSTFromWU -v {somefilepath}\roots.sst

i generated a .sst file which i imported this way:

Run MMC -> add snap-in -> certificates -> computer account > local computer. Right click Trusted root certification authority, All Tasks -> Import, find your SST file (in the file type select Microsoft Serialized Certificate Store — *.sst) -> Open -> Place all certificates in the following store -> Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info